We’re looking for someone to lead our customer growth efforts through an effective SEO and growth strategy, which also includes supporting related marketing channels (specifically content marketing & editorial, PR & social, paid marketing). Interested in heading a remote team who’s on a mission to help people everywhere be more productive at work? Then read on…
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we are looking for a candidate with a very specific skillset, the role will be tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria: You’re skilled SEO practitioner and can combine your analysis skills to help shape roadmaps and execute on strategies that will help improve rankings, links, bounce rates and more.
You have experience both setting and executing an SEO growth strategy for sites with hundreds of thousands of organic sessions a month. And you can replicate that experience across a site like Zapier.
You’re a skilled SEO and growth specialist. You are equally adept at setting the SEO product vision as you are with the technical tactics and tools needed to execute against that vision
You can translate analysis into plans. You know how to interpret the data you see, turn that into product roadmaps and well-designed features, and help teams execute on those roadmaps.
You respect the user. You embrace white-hat techniques because you know that when users interact with a site in a positive way you build long-term loyal customers.
You’re a skilled written communicator. Zapier is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. You’ll use written summaries and reports to communicate strategy, plans, findings, and results to the marketing and full Zapier team.
You’re a champion for doing things efficiently. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Set and own monthly SEO traffic and customer acquisition / conversion goals. Consistently communicate those plans and progress to the team.
- Collaborate, on a daily basis, with a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, marketers, and content marketers to execute towards search goals
- Improve search rankings across our existing keyword targets and analyze keyword opportunities to help us spot new areas for growth
- Support existing link building programs and identify and build out new programs
- Provide product & UX support for related marketing growth channels – specifically content & editorial, PR, social, and paid marketing efforts
- Serve as the SEO evangelist within the company and help build it into one of the company’s core competencies
- Ensure proper SEO execution and QA site changes for potential SEO impacts
- Plug the holes: You should be comfortable executing on a variety of SEO or growth related tasks yourself to help finish items when the team doesn’t have dedicated resources and outsourcing or hiring isn’t an option
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, every week help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don’t seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
For the past six years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth.
If you want to work remote, that’s great. If you want to work near others, that’s cool too. Our team of 100+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don’t have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job