Please note that we are currently recruiting Happiness Engineer applicants to join our teams in Asia-Pacific, Africa, and Europe. At this time we are not expanding our North or South American teams.
As a Happiness Engineer, helping people is your passion.
Transforming publishing on the web is no small task. Our goal is to build relationships based on trust which result in happy, passionate, loyal customers and colleagues. We do this through listening to their needs and guiding them to the fullest use of the products we offer. We are looking for people with the right mix of compassion, writing skills, and technical knowledge to get the job done.
Interested in learning more about how our team works? Check out what Happiness Engineers have to say about their work.
In general, a typical day involves:
- Being an active member of a global team that provides 24/7 support via live chat, tickets, forums, and one-on-one screenshare sessions.
- Helping people use Automattic’s products, including WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, and more.
- Troubleshooting, investigating, and creating detailed bug reports
- Building a community of support by sharing knowledge and helping team members around the world
Being a Happiness Engineer requires:
- Patience, grace, and a sense of humor
- Excellent writing and communication skills, with a knack for taking technical language and making it understandable
- Being comfortable with communicating and helping VIP or Business users.
- A passion for solving tough problems and proposing elegant solutions
- Working knowledge of WordPress, HTML, and CSS and a strong support philosophy.
- An ability to learn and adapt so that you can help teach others
- An understanding of the 24/7 nature of support and an ability to regularly assist with weekend coverage, as well as some holiday and evening availability. We support being able to select schedules that help you to take care of your own needs. This is a full-time position.
Happiness Engineers should be fluent and eloquent in written English. If you know additional languages, be sure to tell us.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send an email to jobs @ this domain telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please address the following points in your email application:
- Tell us about any books, blog posts, or articles you’ve read about customer service and what you thought of them.
- Have you been part of an amazing customer support experience? Tell us what made it memorable.
- What online support communities have you contributed to? Link us to your profile there.
- Are you driven to achieve? Tell us about an accomplishment in your life that you’re proud of.
- Schedules at Automattic are flexible and support is an around-the-clock endeavor. Are you a night owl or weekend warrior? Do you prefer to work non-traditional times or outside of regular business hours? If so, let us know.
- Where did you hear about the position?
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job