Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun [see this video from The Huffington Post]. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As a Senior Designer at Toptal, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact among a group of highly collaborative and smart colleagues who deeply value innovation. Through your building of a brand from the inside out, you will elevate the overall brand expression of Toptal through design. As you learn to design efficiently and collaborate remotely with colleagues, you will quickly bridge the divide between business strategy and design strategy. You will have access to in-house developers and illustrators, providing opportunities to further expand your leadership skills. You will create and inspire design experiences that help users discover and connect with resources they need in truly innovative ways. At Toptal, we push the boundaries of design every single day, and we’d love for you to help us take this even further. We don’t cut corners, and we don’t make compromises—we create beautiful product designs that are polished and contribute seamlessly to user experience.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
You will be an advocate for great user experience across our website and products. Your contributions will have a significant and positive impact on Toptal’s evolving brand and design. You will continuously provide thought leadership and strategic insight to team members in order to ensure the highest of design standards are met at all times. You will design an ongoing series of landing pages that communicate specific messages to key audiences while enhancing the Toptal brand expression. Through your partnership with internal teams, you will create public-facing web experiences that reinforce the Toptal brand and signify the organization’s renewed focus on design excellence. In addition, you will extend the visual language to event graphics, print materials and branded items.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Design a public-facing landing page.
In the first month you will:
- Design multiple landing pages and begin to share your design thinking with the team.
- Participate in brainstorming meetings with colleagues.
- Feel confident in fully self-managing your workload.
In the first three months you will:
- Ensure you are fully integrated with the design team.
- Generate and share ideas for improving the design process.
- Consult with colleagues in other groups on how to meet their objectives through design.
In the first six months you will:
- Be responsible for designing a fully integrated campaign that may include designing materials for an event.
In the first year you will:
- Have delivered a consistent body of design work as well as possibly have designed the branding for a large-scale event.
- You must have solid web design experience (minimum of six years).
- You must have the ability to verbally explain and defend your design decisions.
- Expertise in designing for HTML/CSS implementation
- Experience delivering organized, error-free files to developers
- Possess a deep understanding of design for marketing.
- Ability to provide thought leadership and strategic insight to team members.
- You must have the ability to self-manage and prioritize your own workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Familiarity with the technology and talent industry a plus.
- You must be a self-starter with initiative, creativity, and drive.
- Ownership. You take responsibility for Toptal’s public image.
- Quality. You take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself.
- You must be highly detail-oriented.
- Ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via Slack and other collaboration tools.
- You must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- You must be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
- Strategic Thinking
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job