Senior Team Leads are responsible for managing the successful delivery of client work, project-centric operations, and personnel within a single team. The primary functions include: driving superior outcomes in alignment with established scopes, timelines, and budgets for multiple, concurrent projects; expertly incorporating 10up standards and processes in the delivery of client work; managing personnel assigned to a team; expertly collaborating with discipline directors and the Accounts team to deliver on client expectations; and managing to established production metrics (billable targets, forecasting accuracy, etc.).
- Manage execution of project and task assignments for all direct reports, leveling up individual availability to immediate manager and the Project Resourcing Manager for resolution.
- Serve as the lead project manager on 3 – 6 active client projects. Craft and maintain project plans, schedules, and task break-downs to achieve defined scopes of work.
- Expertly leverage 10up tools, standards, and processes in all client work. Maintain highly collaborative relationships with discipline directors to achieve elite project outcomes.
- Deliver fixed price, retainer, and T&M projects within expected timelines and budgets.
- Demonstrate senior-level consultative value to help clients achieve defined business goals and outcomes.
- Demonstrate senior-level client expectation management across active client work, minimizing delivery-centric escalations to the Accounts team.
- Lead discovery engagements (onsite and remotely) that expertly define cross-discipline project requirements. Translate requirements into comprehensive project approaches / plans that align with established timelines and budgets and can be executed successfully by project teams. Collaborate with Accounts to develop scopes of work following discovery.
- Drive client satisfaction and encourage account growth through repeated project delivery successes, strategic differentiation, and proactive partnership with Accounts to identify and confirm additional work opportunities.
- Maintain a predetermined billable utilization, typically between 26-30 hours / week (65-75%).
- Directly manage 7 – 9 production team members (typically engineers and designers) in the delivery of client work and in alignment with established production metrics.
- Conduct regular one on ones (once a week) with direct reports with an emphasis on continuously improving project approaches and outcomes as well as an individual’s overall performance.
- Mentor and advance project management talent assigned to the team.
- Provide regular verbal and written feedback to direct reports, celebrating successes and clearly defining any misalignments with expectations. Escalate thematic or recurring performance issues to immediate manager for resolution.
- Review / approve PTO requests for all direct reports and ensure project delivery schedules / resourcing are adjusted accordingly.
- Contribute to the compilation and delivery of performance reviews for all direct reports.
- Contribute to Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) for direct reports as necessary.
- Proactively maintain accurate forecasts using established resource forecasting tools for all active client work.
- Perform weekly timesheet reviews for all direct reports, identifying and reporting on areas of concern such as billability, excessive weekly burn, and / or inaccurate / poor time entries.
- Monitor billable performance for all production personnel and collaborate with direct manager to align individuals with established targets.
- Collaborate with Financial Manager to prepare invoices for all assigned project work.