Forbes Magazine says we’re a “Leading Startup” and we’ve been covered by Philippine Daily Inquirer, Tech in Asia, e27, Inquirer.net, SunStar, and Manila Times. The National University of Singapore and DBS Bank picked us as a Top 6 Social Enterprise across all of Asia.
Join our dynamic high-growth team to become a “Leading Talent”! Our company is run by experienced executives from Europe & US who live in Cebu. Our team has worked at Microsoft, GE, Samsung, Oracle, Motorola, IBM, NEC, Exist, Tieto, Yahoo and Lexmark locally and internationally and have also built successful startups. If you want to know more, have a look at our Team, what we value, snoop through our blog or read about why we’re doing this, what our mission is. If you think, the world could and should be a better place, you might just want to be part of our team.
Help grow our customer base with users in 100+ countries, including many well-known companies in the Philippines and abroad, such as Facebook, Convergys, Google, Intel, Ayala companies, Asian Development Bank, and the United Nations. Our customers include NGOs improving the lives of poor people and businesses interacting with their customers.
We’re looking for an experienced Python developer who has worked on several projects in Django or similar web framework based on Python. This person will collaborate with other experienced Django developers, QA, DevOps, and business teams.
More than expertise, attitude and commitment is crucial as our platform requires quick learning of new technologies and products. If you have been known as someone who loves dealing with challenges and thrives in a fast growing environment, and you are looking to learn a lot and grow very quickly, then we are looking for you!
You will be instrumental in helping design, build and scale the engageSPARK platform:
- Write code to implement new features and modify existing functionality.
- Review code from other team members, give feedback, and ensure compliance with our standards for coding.
- Give input on architecture, help design for scale, and implement a distributed web services model using cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum 2 years of experience on Python web applications, preferably Django
- Experience in Linux and relational databases such as MySQL or PostgresSQL
- Experience with version control systems, preferably Git
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- A desire for tackling poverty in developing countries
- Designing and deploying REST web services
- Familiarity with Agile software development
- Experience with SMS and Voice systems (e.g. Asterisk, Twilio, etc)
Essential Job Functions
- Create features, API and database design specifications
- Review code written by other developers
- Coach and mentor junior developers
- Identify scalability issues and performance bottlenecks in Django applications
- Work with QA to create test plans and create automated tests and testing framework
- Collaborate with development team using Agile process
- Find bugs and recommend innovative solutions to improve product
- Good English communication skills (written & oral)
- Work with an international, multi-cultural team
- Ideally willing to work in Cebu City, but remote is ok
- Be curious, willing to ask questions, and interested in growing professionally and joining an exciting team and company that will change the world!
Salary & Benefits
We offer attractive compensation and benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Daytime shift with flexible work hours
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Regular fun team outings
- Write code to change the world
Ready to learn like crazy and change the world?
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job