We are a distributed team, and this position is remote. So long as you can be there and when we need you, and communicate with people in the GMT + 8 and GMT + 2, we don’t care where you’re based.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a digital & front end dev HERO who will be passionate about identifying, tracking down and annihilating site bugs, keeping our sites purring like kittens and just generally be a hero when sh*t goes down and the site has a problem, usually in the middle of a sale.
We need you proactively care-take our sites, work with the team, come up with creative solutions and really know what you’re doing to make an ecommerce site perform.
We ALSO need you to go into hulk mode when needed.
Here’s who you need to be & what you need to have:
- Knowledge of woocommerce (and wordpress) inside and out. Familiarity with common plugins used with woo, understanding of how woo works (and common problems).
- OCD level dedication about resolving issues when they strike. If you aren’t talking to us IN CAPS ABOUT THE WEBSITE CRASH you don’t care enough.
- Right now we are using Flatsome theme – experience with Flatsome or at least ability to get familiar with it and get the best out of it essential. Ability to work with marketing to build landing pages & fiddle around endlessly until those landing pages look perfect on desktop and mobile and will convert well and pay the bills.
- Ability to go through a website and identify things like images that are rendering badly, sale flashes that aren’t positioned right, pages that are loading slowly, pages that look wrong on mobile, etc and not be satisfied until you have got them tidied up & looking right.
- Ability to communicate with a remote team including people in GMT +2 (Europe) and GMT + 8 (Asia).
This position will go to someone with ecommerce experience, with woocommerce experience, who understands websites from both a technical and marketing perspective and who is fanatical about website performance.
Why this position is perfect for you
- We are remote.
- We are fun.
- We have been around 7 years, and will you give you a stable, long-term position so you can do what you do best and have a great life.
- Our products help people (really!) and we are nice.
If you feel like you fit the bill, hit apply. Good luck!
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job