The Fluent Forever mobile application is the most successful crowdfunded app in history, and for good reason: we are about to build the most powerful language learning platform in the world. We are looking for key team members who want to help us ship an amazing product, and then actively help us make it even better.
Are you able to excel in a startup environment? If you’re a good fit for our team, then the following should sound exciting and awesome, rather than panic-inducing and terrible:
- You are able to work from home, communicating and collaborating with our international team.
- You have excellent English language skills, both written and spoken.
- You know how to own your areas of responsibility, to keep the team consistently updated with your status, and to be flexible enough to adapt to new needs as they arise. We are a growing and rapidly changing company, and as a result, your role will grow and change rapidly as well.
Do you have solid experience shipping quality software in every stage of the software development lifecycle? Are you are ready to step into a bigger role, with a larger impact on a project? Do you yearn for opportunities to push your skills with new challenges? If so, this position may be the right fit for you.
Specifically, you will:
- Create complete, vertical new features for our growing product
- Build and deploy to customers (mobile/web/service) with a predictable release cadence
- Maintain existing code base including defect investigation, bug fixes, and unit testing
- Work closely with our test team and others to deliver high quality features to our customers
- Review feature designs and build appropriate technical specifications
- Research and recommend new technologies and best practices
- Build and maintain tools and automation to monitor and manage the production environment
Core Skills & Experience:
- Passion for excellence and a commitment to continuous self growth
- Excellent development skills using multiple languages and environments
- Expertise in service layer development, including REST, data access layer, authentication, and maintenance
- Experience designing software components for a professional product
- Experience shipping professional software product(s) through the entire SDLC
- Experience shipping a professional mobile application
- Experience shipping a professional product on AWS or other cloud environment
- Excellent English language communication skills (written and spoken)
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of development experience
- 2+ years of AWS or other cloud experience
- Experience directing or mentoring other developers
- Experience collaborating closely with software testers
- Typescript, Node.js, Express, React Native, React are strongly desired
- Experience with globalization and an understanding of the issues involved in supporting multiple languages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Software Development Engineer (full stack)” in the subject line.
Additional information about careers at Fluent Forever (and other open positions): https://fluent-forever.com/careers/
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job