Good Analytics (http://goodanalytics.io) is looking for talented and highly motivated software engineers to join our team. Our founders are well-known academics who seek to apply the latest in computational methods to solve real world public health problems.
This includes novel research and producing academic publications based on analyses produced in our projects.
We build scalable software systems for processing web data sources to provide key insights to public health professionals.
Our projects are wide ranging and require a variety of skills. Software engineers are responsible for applying data science techniques to solve problems within the domain of public health. You’ll do everything, from training machine learning models, to data analysis, to writing scalable production software.
Good Analytics is a remote company, operating through Slack and Hangouts. You will work with our founders to address customer needs for analytics for a variety of public health problems. We have transformed media monitoring by developing strategies to discover, describe, and deliver actionable news trends to numerous organizations. For example, our founders first reported on how Charlie Sheen’s HIV status disclosure impacted public help seeking and testing regarding HIV and HIV risk behaviors.
Reporting on this finding led to a second bump in HIV testing eclipsing the impact of traditional awareness days.
- Communicate clearly inside and outside the company, to foster cooperation and development.
- Design and implement major new features for our platform.
- Effectively estimate time to implement designs.
- Write and test code for highly available and high volume workloads.
- BS or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, other related degree, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience with software engineering and infrastructure design skills.
- Write well-structured, maintainable, idiomatic code with good documentation.
- Strong work-ethic and passion for problem solving in the real world.
- Experience with Python. We make generous use of tools like Celery, MongoDB, Pandas, Scikit Learn, and Django.
- Experience with data science fundamentals, machine learning and natural language processing.
- Development and deployment of software within Linux environments.
We will consider both short and long term engagements.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good Analytics creates actionable intelligence from big media data, making public health advocacy more data
driven and thereby more responsive to populations. Good Analytics is committed to fostering and supporting a creative and diverse environment. Good Analytics is an equal opportunity employer, and as such will consider all
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job