Ready to be writing code for something that actually makes a difference in this world? Motivated by the changes to our climate and the challenges to our energy infrastructure? Want to be around others who are equally passionate?
This TechStars alumni startup is transforming the energy industry by accelerating the proliferation of solar. They work specifically to make commercial solar an attractive investment to individual investors, large banks, and everything in between. The key to this is the automation that is made possible by software that streamlines the process of financing commercial solar projects.
Join a small but growing startup as a backend Ruby engineer. You’ll be involved in a variety of functions, but working primarily on the technology reducing transaction costs and automating risk analysis. As they scale up the amount of solar infrastructure built through the platform, you’ll make sure the software can scale with it.
Top reasons this role accelerates your career:
- Change the energy industry. Climate change is bringing the energy industry to the forefront as one of the greatest challenges of our generation. Be a part of the confronting it.
- Be a key defining member at a successful startup. They’re still small enough that you can make a mark.
- Potential for upward mobility. There are leadership opportunities opening within this growing team.
This all-star team of 14 have impressive backgrounds in unique ways. Some have scaled successful startups, some worked in energy innovation with the DOE, and some are endurance athletes. They’re an inspiring crew to be around — Though you’d never know it from the down-to-Earth attitudes they embody.
Most of the team works out of a small house near downtown Boulder, and has strong family values. They care about one-another and they care about diversity. They’re even trying to kickstart their own women’s events and efforts in the community.
Of course, the defining factor of the team is their commitment to the mission. They are all driven by their desire to realize energy industry reformation. As one team member asked us — “When your grandchildren ask you what you did about climate change, what will you say to them?”
Do something that matters to stop climate change.
Full medical and dental insurance.
Unlimited vacation time.
Monthly professional development meetings with senior leadership.
$1,500/year for professional development.
Annual all-company retreat.
You might be their team’s missing puzzle piece if:
- You’re committed to their mission. While compensation is competitive, it’s not your main driver. You want to be committing your code to a company that is trying to save the planet.
- You have extensive experience working on robust web applications. You’ve shipped substantial systems into production.
- You could add value immediately in a code base built on Ruby on Rails.
- You pride yourself as a problem solver. You’re self-motivated to find a way to make something possible even if the solution isn’t obvious.
- You’re an architect. You’ve previously designed large, scalable infrastructures of code.
- You’ve previously worked in startups and understand how to maneuver with ambiguity.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job