Are you passionate about the cloud? Do you have a desire to put your skills into practice in a company serving large enterprise customers? Are you excited about working with state of the art technologies in a company made up of technology experts?
Redapt is looking for a DevOps Engineer to provide managed services to our Fortune 1,000 customers. This is your opportunity to join a rapidly growing company specializing in enabling and managing customers businesses and workloads on the public Cloud. This role is unique and integral to the growth of the Redapt Managed Services Practice.
Challenges for the role might include: automation of creating and configuring infrastructure in the cloud, creating and or troubleshooting code deployment pipelines, and automation of monitoring/logging platforms.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter with a genuine passion for technology. When designing new systems and solutions, your criteria for success is a self-documenting, resilient, and scalable solution that solves a tangible business problem.
- Demonstrable understanding of best practices, design patterns, and pitfalls as they relate to cloud computing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a customer-focused attitude
- Ability to cultivate and maintain supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners and executives.
- Methodical and process oriented, knowing that how something is done is just as important as whether it’s done at all.
- Strong understanding of DevOps best practices and procedures
- Excellent troubleshooting, and deductive-reasoning skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new platforms and technologies.
- Experience with configuration management using tools such as DSC, Ancible, SaltStack, Chef, Terraform or Puppet etc.
- Effective in at least one high-level scripting language (such as Powershell or Python), and the desire and ability to quickly learn new languages.
- Experience implementing automation and orchestration workflows to solve engineering challenges.
- Recent experience as a DevOps engineer working on either engineering or build/release teams.
- [3+ years] Windows and Linux system administration.
- [2+ years] Experience automating against RESTful APIs.
- Experience utilizing Layer 4-7 load-balancers.
- [2+ years] Experience with configuration management (DSC, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Expert-level proficiency with PowerShell and/or Python.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP stack.
- [3+ years] Hands-on experience implementing and managing enterprise-grade monitoring, logging and alerting solutions.
- [2+ years] Experience designing and building cloud infrastructure.
- Proficient in git-scm.
- Proven experience with building and operating CI/CD pipelines.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Powershell (Native, AzureRM, DSC, Pester)
- Azure (Resource Manager Model)
- Windows Server Based IaaS
- PaaS Web Services (Debugging, Implementation, Monitoring, Security)
- MS SQL (Architecture, Debugging, T-SQL)
- Azure Log Analytics/Application Insights
- Visual Studio Team Services
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job