Forbes Magazine says we’re a “Leading Startup” and we’ve been covered by Philippine Daily Inquirer, Tech in Asia, e27, Inquirer.net, SunStar, and Manila Times. The National University of Singapore and DBS Bank picked us as a Top 6 Social Enterprise across all of Asia.
Join our dynamic high-growth team to become a “Leading Talent”! Our company is run by experienced executives from Europe & US who live in Cebu. Our team has worked at Microsoft, GE, Samsung, Oracle, Motorola, IBM, NEC, Exist, Tieto, Yahoo and Lexmark locally and internationally and have also built successful startups. If you want to know more, have a look at our Team, what we value, snoop through our blog or read about why we’re doing this, what our mission is. If you think, the world could and should be a better place, you might just want to be part of our team.
Help grow our customer base with users in 100+ countries, including many well-known companies in the Philippines and abroad, such as Facebook, Convergys, Google, Intel, Ayala companies, Asian Development Bank, and the United Nations. Our customers include NGOs improving the lives of poor people and businesses interacting with their customers.
You’ll want to work with us, if you love startups, if you love learning, and if you love building and scaling something big. We build only one platform, in Cebu City and remotely: Our engageSPARK communication platform, and we’d love you to join us!
We’re looking for an experienced Frontend developer, who loves not just coding beautiful UIs but rather solving problems. Who knows when to obsess about pixel perfect, about code quality, tests and tooling, and when to hack something, quick and dirty. And who knows how to be passionate without an attitude.
Our market is ever-changing and that goes for our platform as well: New products are being added all the time. So you’ll have to understand a problem from the customers perspective quickly, find the right design and technology for the task, convince your team mates, and build it. If you enjoy this kind of challenge, this job is for you. If you want to know more, have a look at what we value, snoop through our blog or read about why we’re doing this, what our mission is. If you think, the world could and should be a better place, you might just like this.
Here’s what you’ll do, for the most part:
- Code. Both new features and updates of existing functionality.
- Be part of the dev process: Understand the requirements by talking to Avner, our COO. Discuss your design with your colleagues. Get your PR reviewed. (We review every PR.) Work with QA to make sure your stuff works.
- Improve the dev process: Initiate and moderate discussions to make the reviews more effective, the deployments faster, the time-to-production shorter.
- Take care of our production system. We don’t want coders to fire and forget: We believe that we build more useful things, if we’re the ones deploying and running them, too. (The DevOps philosophy.)
- You’ll improve things! Our product, the tools and processes, your colleagues and you: All of these need to get better. Help do that! In particular, we expect you to help your fellow coders grow, with reviews, PP and feedback talks.
- Contribute to the community: No matter if you’re contributing to open-source projects or leading local meetups, we believe we should give back and help create a better tech community in Cebu and world-wide.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum 5 years’ experience developing web apps, at least half of it for SPA.
- Experience with one of the major frameworks (Angular, React, Vue, …)
- Experience with creating cross-browser-friendly UIs
- Experience with VCS, ideally Git
- Habit of unit-testing your code
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
In a perfect world, you’d have experience with…
- Ractive, Reflux, React (because it looks like the future for us), Bootstrap
- User-validation using A/B testing, tracking technologies or manual approaches.
- Python: Our web app is written in Django, and it’s both helpful to be able to read the API code, as well as an opportunity for you to jump into Python, if you wanted that.
- Agile software development
- Docker or other container technologies (our development environment uses that)
- Good English communication skills (written & oral)
- Work with an international, multi-cultural team
- Ideally willing to work in Cebu City, but remote is OK
- Be curious, willing to ask questions, and interested in growing professionally and joining an exciting team and company that will change the world!
Salary & Benefits
We offer attractive compensation and benefits:
- Up to 100,000 PHP, depending upon experience
- Daytime shift with flexible work hours
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Regular fun team outings
- Write code to change the world
Ready to learn like crazy and change the world?
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job