Forbes Magazine says we’re a “Leading Startup” and we’ve been covered by Philippine Daily Inquirer, Tech in Asia, e27, Inquirer.net, SunStar, and Manila Times. The National University of Singapore and DBS Bank picked us as a Top 6 Social Enterprise across all of Asia.
Join our dynamic high-growth team to become a “Leading Talent”! Our company is run by experienced executives from Europe & US who live in Cebu. Our team has worked at Microsoft, GE, Samsung, Oracle, Motorola, IBM, NEC, Exist, Tieto, Yahoo and Lexmark locally and internationally and have also built successful startups. If you want to know more, have a look at our Team, what we value, snoop through our blog or read about why we’re doing this, what our mission is. If you think, the world could and should be a better place, you might just want to be part of our team.
Help grow our customer base with users in 100+ countries, including many well-known companies in the Philippines and abroad, such as Facebook, Convergys, Google, Intel, Ayala companies, Asian Development Bank, and the United Nations. Our customers include NGOs improving the lives of poor people and businesses interacting with their customers.
You will be instrumental in designing, building and scaling the engageSPARK platform:
- Write code to implement new features and modify existing functionality.
- Give input on architecture, help design for scale, and implement a distributed web services model using cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Help with DevOps implementing Docker, Microservices, and system administration.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Programming proficiency in object oriented design in C, C++, C#, Go, Java or Python
- 3+ years’ shipping code in Go, Django, Rails, or other server-side MVC Framework
- You have developed RESTful API endpoints
- 5+ development skills, especially Relational Databases (SQL), Version Control (git), Automated Testing
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- A desire for tackling poverty in developing countries
- Experience in Linux (Ubuntu)
- Designing and deploying REST web services Familiarity with Agile software development
- Experience with SMS and Voice systems (e.g. Asterisk, Twilio, etc)
- Good English communication skills (written & oral)
- Work with an international, multi-cultural team
- Desire to learn new languages and technologies
- Be curious, willing to ask questions, and interested in growing professionally and joining an exciting team and company that will change the world!
Salary & Benefits
We offer attractive compensation and benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Daytime shift with flexible work hours
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Complete Government Benefits
- Regular fun team outings
- Write code to change the world
About Cebu City, Philippines
Located on Cebu Island, Cebu City is the second largest city in the Philippines. It’s a safe place to live with a variety of malls, restaurants, shops, beaches, and activities such as scuba diving, running, hiking, rock climbing, and snorkeling. It has a busy international airport with cheap flights to domestic and regional destinations. It’s easy to explore numerous nearby islands such as Bohol via ferries.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job