You as QA engineer are at the heart of our development process. You have the opportunity to shape our product and our processes and ultimately to make engageSPARK successful.
You’ll be part of the team that measures the quality of deployments. Together with the CTO, you decide what goes live and how to improve the flow of ideas from our product owners mind to production.
You’re in charge of test-plans, but if something gets boring, you automate it, expanding our Selenium test-suite. Automation does not stop at clicking web-sites; bigger challenges await, from testing SMS & SIP Voice calls, over new messaging apps, to load and performance testing our ever evolving platform and its components.
And since you love a challenge, intricate bugs await your analysis. If you love detective puzzles, if you choose to improve whatever bothers you rather than waiting for someone else to do it and if you enjoy learning new things: welcome to engageSPARK.
So, who are we? Forbes Magazine says we’re a “Leading Startup” and we’ve been covered by Philippine Daily Inquirer, Tech in Asia, e27, Inquirer.net, SunStar, and Manila Times. The National University of Singapore and DBS Bank picked us as a Top 6 Social Enterprise across all of Asia.
Join our dynamic high-growth team to become a “Leading Talent”! Our company is run by experienced executives from Europe & US who live in Cebu. Our team has worked at Microsoft, GE, Samsung, Oracle, Motorola, IBM, NEC, Exist, Tieto, Yahoo and Lexmark locally and internationally and have also built successful startups.
Help grow our customer base with users in 130+ countries, including many well-known companies in the Philippines and abroad, such as Facebook, Convergys, Intel, Ayala companies, Asian Development Bank, and the United Nations. Our customers include NGOs improving the lives of poor people and businesses interacting with their customers.
We’re a startup. You will wear many hats. Here are some:
- Shepherd features to production. This includes testing, but first it means understanding what problem we’re trying to solve for our customers.
- Measure the quality of our releases, so we can decide if to deploy
- Discuss and improve our processes. Help in communicating those changes effectively.
- Document and improve our manual test processes. And use them to test our platform. Ideally, when you catch yourself doing one too often, you automate them away.
- Dig into bugs. Customers have the gift to find the most curious, elusive bugs. Track them down (the defects), so we can fix them (the bugs).
- Learn and experiment with new and better ways to do QA. In fact, we expect you to.
- Teach others what you learn, grow the QA community and grow by doing it.
Here’s what we expect:
- At least 2 years work experience in QA/QC
- You’ve experience with at least one of these aspects of QA/QC, and you’re good at it:
- Finding bugs. Testing a product, including exploring and digging into a feature around its requirements.
- Automating tests with Selenium, particularly for web-sites and REST APIs.
- Improving, documenting and communicating QA processes as part of the dev process.
- You are passionate about becoming great at all three of them.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- You are passionate about sharing your knowledge and ideas with others. We’ll help and encourage you to write blog posts, organize meetups, hold workshops, open-source tools, and present what your learn to others.
If you’ve experience with any of those, that’s great. If not, get ready to learn.
- Know which QA tools, processes and methodologies exist. What they’re good for. When to apply them. When not to.
- Load/stress and performance testing of SIP VoIP applications
- Scripting and automating all things manual in Linux, using Bash or Python.
- Penetration-testing of Web/SIP applications and their APIs
- Agile development and CI processes
Salary & Benefits
We offer attractive compensation and benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Daytime shift with flexible work hours
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Complete Government Benefits
- Regular fun team outings
- Write code to change the world
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job