Do you have a passion for creating a sophisticated and elegant user experience that will drive customer engagement? Treasure Data is looking for a self-starter Senior Front Engineer that has an eagerness for building intuitive user experiences. Our engineering team has one simple but lofty goal: deliver a solid web experience to our customers.
Treasure Data will look to you to help lead the way with your knowledge of the design patterns that are associated with building applications where UI/UX are in the forefront. You will work alongside a small group of world class engineers, product managers, product and UX designers to build out a seamless experience for our users.
When hiring engineers, we admire candidates that have exposure and have made contributions to Open Source. Please include whatever information you believe is relevant: GitHub profile, code samples, links to personal projects etc..
Things you will do
- Perform analyses and make designs for our product; collaborate with designers, developers, and product owners to implement scalable and interactive applications.
- Keep abreast of novel technical concepts that we should adopt (or not).Build products with testability in mind.
- Quickly build product prototypes for internal evaluation and to drive product decisions.
- Build sophisticated and elegant user interfaces.
- Contribute to design standards and support design and code re-use.
- Help drive design for and interface with our RESTful APIs.
- Ability to work independently, particularly as a member of a geographically dispersed team.
- Hold yourself and your teammates to a high standard of engineering.
- Sets aggressive and measurable goals/objectives.
Your background and skills will include
- You want an opportunity to make large, immediate impacts in a growing SaaS B2B company.
- Familiarity with HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience in implementing design, providing UX advice, and creating guidelines for the UX team, along with the desire to deliver rich and easy to use user interfaces.
- Excellent practical judgement knowing how to effectively allocate your time when solving hard problems, multi-tasking, and strong written and verbal communication skills are a must. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time.
- Strong sense of project ownership and responsibility.
- Equal passion in building new products and enhancing existing ones.
- Must be able to adapt to a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of design principles and user interaction standards.
- An understanding of visual aesthetic components.
- Enjoyment of a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Never ending desire to self-educate on the latest list of web technologies.
- Take your work seriously but yourself lightly.
We would be thrilled if you
- Have React/Redux experience
- An active Github profile
Working at Treasure Data
You can expect a work environment where the team is collaborative and open to your ideas, while we keep our collective eye on supporting our customers’ needs. Our team is committed to technical innovation in our product and in the world through customer collaboration, open-source projects, and by continuing to make our product an integral part of our customers’ growth and success.
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Treasure Data unifies data at scale – from edge to action – making the right data available across the business. The Treasure Data Customer Data Platform (CDP) unifies data from multiple sources so that enterprises can engage customers anywhere – online, at the store, or even via IoT devices available across business units for marketing, product development, operations, and data science. With a global customer base including Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Pioneer, Subaru, Wish, and Conde Nast Japan, Treasure Data clients generate more than two million events every second and make nearly seven million data queries monthly, resulting in more predictable and profitable business results. Founded in 2011 in Mountain View, California, with offices in Japan and Korea, Treasure Data is backed by Sierra Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, IT Farm, SBI, INCJ, Bill Tai, and Jerry Yang’s AME Cloud Ventures, among others. In addition to our Silicon Valley headquarters, we have offices in Tokyo and Seoul.
Agencies and recruiters, we cannot consider your candidate(s) without a contract in place. Any resumes received without having an active agreement will be considered gratis referrals to us. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job