Job Description Summary:
DataStax powers the Right-Now Enterprise with the always-on, distributed cloud database built on Apache Cassandra™ and designed for hybrid cloud. We are seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer – DataStax Managed Cloud to join our team.
As an experienced engineer at DataStax, you will work on various platforms that support Cassandra, Analytics, Search and Graph to solve the complicated problems of scale, monitoring and build intelligence using machine learning to tackle the problematic areas. The ideal candidate would be passionate about experimenting with new technologies and guide a path to its adoption. You would be highly involved in design and implement solutions to solve the problems as we scale up and keep pushing Cassandra and other data persistence layers to its edge. The individual must have a strong proclivity for solving complex and interesting problems. This is a great opportunity to work with Cassandra while playing an integral part of our exponential growth.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design and develop platforms for the management and administration of all our data persistence layers.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of the various data persistence layers
- Optimize our infrastructure at both the software and hardware layers
- Build interactive visualization tools to get insights into our systems and drill down into various levels.
- Design and build algorithms to help detect anomalies and trend changes in our Production systems.
- Deep understand of distributed systems.
- Experience solving large scale engineering challenges.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, OpenStack, etc.).
- Demonstrated understanding of software and systems engineering best practices, concepts, and technologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- 10+ years of development experience, ideally in distributed systems.
- Production experience with any of the following highly desired: Chef, Elasticsearch/ELK, Apache Cassandra, Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose complex problems in large scale distributed systems with a variety of technologies.
- Thrive working in a fast-paced, evolving, growing, dynamic environment.
- A Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job