GitHub is changing the way the world builds software, and we want you to help build GitHub. We’re looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to work on GitHub.com — you’ll work with our team of engineers to build and maintain features that create rich and compelling experiences for millions of developers across the world.
This role requires a generalist with a leaning towards front-end technologies to work on a feature focused team. You’ll be working with a team distributed across time zones so strong communication is important, as is the ability to self-direct.
- You will collaborate closely with Product and Design teams to build new features
- You will evaluate and recommend solutions, and guide team decision making
- You will document the systems you help build
- You will coordinate with engineering and product leadership to define and prioritize projects that help us meet business objectives
- You will mentor, pair and delegate work to encourage the professional and technical growth of those around you
- You will work with support to triage and debug technical support requests
- 5 + years experience developing web applications
- Experience with Ruby and Go based back-end systems, or something similar and a willingness to learn
- SQL and general database knowledge
- Experience with RESTful API design and/or GraphQL
- Solid knowledge of testing principles
- A strong sense of product and an affinity for the human who is using it
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal (particularly as part of a remote team)
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 67 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We’ve designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We’ve designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we’ve built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job