Over the next months, our primary focus is working on a newly designed Platform.sh UI. We will be transforming the product to better fit today’s customer needs and set us up to expand the feature set rapidly and iteratively.
It will be a big challenge, as we need to make significant changes and elevate the design in every aspect of our product and brand. You will take a key role in creating dozens of pages and detailed interactions, and decide on the best visual and interaction design for each one of them as we are building towards an initial release.
You will be a in the early stages of our Design team bringing in fundamental thinking needed to build a successful product. You will be working directly alongside a talented team of developers, user research, support and marketing. You will report to the VP of Experience Design.
What you’ll be working on day-to-day:
- Actively contributing to product strategy and roadmaps, with customer feedback and design explorations.
- Designing user interface solutions that bring simplicity to complex design challenges from on-boarding, dashboards, configuration screens to metrics and support flows.
- Creating visual designs with the greatest attention to detail that aligns and extends our brand to create a coherent user experience.
- Be a crucial part in continuous learning, through iterating designs based on a stream of user feedback from qualitative sessions, to analytics and support/sales feedback.
- Discussing and showing work to the product team.
What you will bring:
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Deep knowledge of typography, composition and layout.
- Solid understanding of design tooling (e.g. Photoshop, Sketch, Figma) and prototyping tools (e.g. Invision, Axure).
- Comfortable iterating quickly and communication ideas with various stakeholders with just the right fidelity for discussion.
- Able to collaborate effectively with the development team.
- Skilled at asking the right questions to ensure complex technical concepts can be communicated effectively.
- Experienced working with user research, integrating results and participating in user research sessions.
- Firm grasp on the nuances of web technologies, across browsers and devices.
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
We are a worldwide distributed team and are looking for a designer who can perform well working remotely. You’ll need to be able to effectively collaborate across time zones while being given a high level of independence and autonomy.
You’ll need to be able to effectively collaborate across time zones while being given a high level of independence and autonomy.
Platform.sh is an idea-to-cloud application platform that simplifies cloud infrastructures.
We give developers the tools they need to experiment, innovate, get rapid feedback and deliver better-quality features with speed and confidence thanks to our unique rapid cloning technology.
Platform.sh serves thousands of customers worldwide including The Financial Times, Gap, Magento Commerce, Orange, Hachette, Ikea, Stanford University, Harvard University and The British Council.
We want people who are passionate, open, multicultural, friendly, humble and smart to join us and help this fast-growing, award-winning company to revolutionize the tech industry.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job