Platform.sh is a groundbreaking hosting and development tool for web applications. We’re a European VC-Backed startup with a host of blue-chip Enterprise clients and a string of awards and grants (including €2m from the EU Horizon 2020 program). To reinforce our technical prowess, we are looking to grow our engineering team. If you’re looking for an exciting, high-growth opportunity with an award-winning, cutting-edge company, this could be just the job for you
For its groundbreaking PaaS solution https://platform.sh is looking for a Pythonian Cloud Engineer with a taste for Go, good Linux system understanding, and a real hunger for the challenges of building robust, distributed systems.
Platform.sh is a PaaS shrouded in a lot of black magic (we can consistently clone a whole running cluster, with its state, databases, indexes in a matter of seconds). We want to get this down to the hundreds of milliseconds domain. Interested? There is more…
Our external API is pure Hypermedia REST + oAuth on top of Pyramid. It mechanizes the Git layer and needs more features.
We can consistently generate from the same manifest a Docker container, an LXC one, or VM disk images (AWS, Azure, OpenStack), we want more targets.
We probably have the highest industry container density. We need to get it higher.
We support any Python, Ruby, NodeJS or PHP application, it’s time to roll-out Java and .NET, and Elixir, of course Elixir.
We need to have more auto-healing on the high-availability clusters. We need more performance out of our multi-protocol ssh proxy. We need work on our Ceph Implementation; We need to get the Debian package generation streamlined and faster. We need… great ideas on how to make Platform.sh even better. Interested? Join us!
Platform.sh, the Continuous Deployment PaaS, is seeking a backend Drupal developer with strong experience in Drupal 7 and e-commerce technologies (including Drupal Commerce and Magento). But you will have opportunities to work on many other technologies (from API proxies in NodeJS or Golang to Python libraries). We don’t expect you to be an expert in all-the-things but we are looking for someone that would love to have a chance to work in a polyglot environment.
With your intimate knowledge of user authentication workflows (such as OAuth 2), deep knowledge about security processes, and mastery of transactional workflows, you will help build, improve, and maintain the Platform.sh internal billing and user management tool (aka Accounts).
- Be a really really good dev that likes testing, understands how an OS works, knows networking, how git works has a very good grasp of security
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in working with Drupal.
- Strong experience with maintaining and extending complex Drupal sites (you write Drush make files on the back of napkins and revert Features in your dreams)
- Strong knowledge of Git workflows (code review based on pull/merge requests, submodules, automated deployments), and you can explain to a 5 year old what rebase means.
- Strong experience with integrating external services to Drupal (extra points if you have “The API is the product” tattooed on your arm)
- Familiar with Behat/Mink test suite and automated test workflows.
- Familiar with Agile development methodology.
Would be really great if you had:
- Go Lang Practice
- Python Experience
- Good Networking background (routing/protocols)
- Good grasp of practical security and cryptography
- Good knowledge of how the Web works (Hacking Nginx with Lua a plus).
- Good understanding of how database systems and search engines work
- A good notion on distributed systems (consensus protocols like Raft/Paxos, eventual consistency models, gossip protocols)
- Good understanding of virtualization and containers
- Mad Debian Skills
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job