OnFrontiers is an online platform that helps business professionals learn faster by connecting with the right expert to answer their question. Much in the way Google helps you find web pages to access information, OnFrontiers helps you access people — even in hard-to-reach markets — who possess specialized knowledge on topics you need to learn about now. We recently participated in the Techstars accelerator program in NYC. Our experts now have shared insights on more than 100 international markets with over 600 clients from around the world.
About the Role
As a member of our research team, you will be managing research projects that come directly from our client firms globally. You will interact with our clients on one side, and targeted subject-matter Experts on the other. The Research Manager’s main responsibilities are to focus on our clients’ research and project needs, define the Expert knowledge required to address them, and, from there, research the relevant industries and companies in order to identify and engage relevant Experts to consult with clients. The most successful Research Managers love to communicate with clients and experts all over the world, on the phone and via email. They are curious and love to learn about many and diverse topics very quickly, and they are eager to do whatever it takes to make a project to successful. Overall, they need their work to matter. Your work directly impacts the company’s success and bottom line.
For more background on the the role, please refer to this post: https://onfrnt.rs/every39c19
- Facilitate timely interactions between our Experts and our clients to help further our clients’ research and assist in their business decisions
- Independently manage and own full responsibility for a book of client business by gathering research information through client calls, understanding their objectives, and serving as a thought partner to deliver on custom projects – consultations, short-term consulting engagements, etc.
- Foster relationships with various users at client firms, from lower to high level executives
- Speak knowledgeably on OnFrontiers’s services to both clients and Experts
- Build relationships with the Experts in our network by identifying appropriate consulting opportunities for them; understand that the Experts are our asset
- Collaborate with our Project and Business Development Teams and to contribute new ideas and strategic initiatives related to project fulfillment and network expansion
- Develop a thorough understanding of various industry dynamics in frontier and developing markets
- Innate personal confidence – ability to thrive in uncertainty, think on your feet, and make good judgments
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated oral, written, and presentation abilities (telephone, email, in-person, etc.)
- Excellent creative thinking and research skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, adhere to deadlines, while maintaining a high level of client service
- 2-5 years of work experience, preferably in a client-facing, consulting, finance, or sales role (proven track record with phone-based outreach)
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier university
Why join us?
- Be part of a smart, fun, and ambitious team
- Work directly with clients, senior management, and senior level Experts
- Join Team APAC, managing projects from our clients in Asia, and taking part in growing our accounts and client base in Asia, with benefit to work from home, or remotely.
- Competitive compensation package, with upside based on performance ($1,500 US, plus commissions based on consultations booked)
- Flexible sick / vacation leave policy
Want to apply? Please send email addressed to Brian Caouette at email@example.com with your LinkedIn profile or resume and 3-5 sentences about why you are a great fit for the role and excited about this opportunity.
Application deadline: Open until closed. We’ll review applications on a rolling basis.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job