Are you an enthusiastic and motivated Multimedia Open-Source Software Developer? Then this position is the right fit for you.
As a member of the Multimedia team, you will focus on architecturing, developing, adapting, integrating, optimizing, validating and up-streaming open-source Multimedia software components spanning the full SW stack for different customers’ projects.
- Discussing technology with clients and represent Collabora at conferences and trade shows to demonstrate and promote our leadership in the Linux open source multimedia stack
- Analysing client problems and designing solutions levering open source technologies and Collabora’s technical expertise.
- Defining and scoping client projects in collaboration with the delivery team
- Working with a team of Engineers based globally to implement and contribute both to client and open source projects
- Contributing publicly to open source Linux multimedia projects to ensure Collabora’s continuing technical leadership
- Implementation of A/V drivers, protocols, systems and supporting infrastructure.
- Supporting other Collabora engineers worldwide with understanding the Linux multimedia stack
- Gain working knowledge of customers’ products, applications, technical and business strengths and target markets
Requirements: Technical Skills
- Proven track record of experience in software consultancy is essential
- Existing familiarity with one or more of Collabora’s market verticals is essential
- BS/BA or extensive experience in the role of Software Engineer
- Sound and demonstrable understanding of software and programming concepts, including C/C++, object orientation, Linux kernel interfaces
- Knowledge of open source development methodologies and good standing in the open source community
- Demonstrable significant contributions to components in the open source Linux multimedia stack, e.g. GStreamer, PulseAudio, ffmpeg/vlc, Android Media Architecture (StageFright..) or relevant parts of the Linux kernel
- Knowledge of multimedia technologies such as containers and codecs from MPEG, Xiph, DVB, IETF
- Knowledge of multimedia networking technologies and protocols such as RTP, RTSP, DASH, HLS
- Previous experience in managing or mentoring teams is a plus
Requirements: Personal Skills
- Highly self motivated, reliable with a demonstrable passion for embedded and general multimedia technology
- Self learning skill to get sufficient knowledge of Collabora’s services, business model, project delivery life-cycle and other related technical domains
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good English language skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work and communicate in an online distributed environment
Requirements: Commercial Skills
- Understanding client needs and reconciling time constraints, available technologies and resources, and open source best practices
- Ability to work in a global context with clients and engineers spanning continents
- Knowledge of customers’ organization, management, product, target market, applications and decision making internal process
Collabora is a software consultancy specializing in bringing companies and the Open Source community together. We combine years of Open Source software leadership with an understanding of the challenges that businesses, non-profits, and governments face. Collabora brings deep technical expertise in system integration & architecture, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile, IVI / automotive, set top box / smart TV, and a range of other specialized embedded applications (low-latency audio/video, audio/video streaming solutions, audio/video editing…).
Collabora has the unique business model of enabling enterprises to leverage Open Source software in their solutions. Having worked with notable industry leading companies in the automotive, aerospace and handset mobile verticals among many others, Collabora has established a broad customer portfolio.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job