This is a contract position.
Udacity’s mission is to democratize education. We’re an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtual reality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. Udacity is looking for people to join our Learning Product Video team. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
Udacity’s Video Production team is looking for designers to assist with creating animation assets for our online course content. Our designers take scripts & rough storyboards to create clean, engaging screens that make our course content beautiful. Along the way, they go through numerous reviews & feedback sessions. All designers work remotely and report to the Post Production Supervisor for job assignments. Once they are on assignment they report to the Projects Producer.
This position is fast paced. You will be working closely with animators to ensure your work translates from static designs to engaging animations. In addition, you will be required to use proper file structure and maintain communication with your Producer. This is an “on call” position, so there is no guarantee of hours. You provide your own hardware and software.
Join our community of creative professionals as we work to help teach innovative technologies to our students across the globe. We strive to continuously provide our talented designers with opportunities to create work that they are proud of.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working from scripts & storyboards to create engaging designs.
- Learning & referencing existing style guides.
- Work with animators to create outstanding learning materials.
- Creating clear and cohesive work across multiple lessons.
- Communicating daily with the team via Slack & email.
- Incorporating feedback & solving problems creatively.
- Managing your time properly to meet deadlines.
You’ll be an excellent fit if you have:
- Minimum 2 years design experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Illustrator CC.
- Access to Adobe CC.
- Proper file structure practices.
- A keen eye for design, typography, and layout.
It’d be great if you also have:
- Experience working remotely.
- Prior experience in fast paced production cycles.
- Experience designing assets for animation.
- Experience with character design and preparing assets for rigging.
- Experience with 3D programs & plugins, such as C4D, Maya, Blender, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job