As a Systems Engineer you will be working on the core engineering team and our community on the open-source convox/rack project that aims to fully manage private, secure, production-ready AWS and Docker system. You will also be working with our users to help install, troubleshoot and maintain their Convox systems. You are an experienced engineer with exceptional problem solving skills. You are a self-starter who thrives in a vibrant, fast paced environment and takes pride in getting things done. If you are such a person, we’d love to have you join us.
If you are interested in applying please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain software projects. Convox maintains its platform as open source on GitHub. You will help open and close issues and pull requests, develop bugfixes and features, and manage the release cycle. You will also help and enable our users participate in the same process.
- Build and manage cloud systems. The Convox platform automates all the boring and hard parts of deploying software to the cloud. You will contribute to the code that sets up an AWS VPC and ECS clusters, builds and deploys Docker images and containers, and monitors, automates and alerts around errors.
- Operate production environments. The Convox team and users alike depend on Convox to run mission critical services. When problems arise you will help restore service availability, and troubleshoot, root-cause and remediate issues.
What you’ll need:
Experience with the following technologies and roles is an indicator that you are prepared for this position:
- DevOps and cloud automation
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Cloud network, compute and data services
- Linux administration
- Log and metrics pipelines
- 24/7 on-call experience
- GitHub project management
- Software release management
- Customer communication
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job