IVPN is a rapidly growing privacy service on a mission to enable people to build relationships with people they trust, and protect themselves from those they don’t. We’ve been around since 2010 but the market has recently exploded with the massive increase in user awareness for online privacy. We are looking for an experienced UI/UX designer to create amazing user experiences across web, desktop and mobile. This is a key role for the growth of IVPN; we are looking for exceptional applicants, with great, relevant, experience, deep knowledge and a strong gut instinct, able to help us continue to deliver against our aggressive product and company objectives.
- You’ll be responsible both for the design and implementation of new web projects, using mostly HTML/CSS, from idea through wireframe to deployment, using our web product strategy as a guide.
- You’ll be responsible for designing clean, intuitive, user-centric products and software experiences, iterating through feedback, and guiding our development team to deliver them, using our software product strategy as a guide.
- You’ll be responsible for supporting our marketing function with graphic design projects, collaborating on the production of key marketing assets and visuals.
- Deliver design work, assets, and deliverables on schedule, in line with the overall roadmap
- Work with product owners to ensure user experience and visuals clearly articulate our product and company values.
- Apply your own design thinking, understanding of fundamental principles, and personal approach to give our design style a sense of ownership, personality and coherence.
- Short term, you’ll challenge and moderate proposed design strategy where we’re mis-aligned, but focus on the delivery of projects more than high level product strategy
- Conduct user experience research often, evaluate feedback, and own the delivery of revisions that help us to improve.
Experience / skills
- Three or more years of experience in UI/UX design with a proven track record.
- Ideally, experience working remote, globally-distributed, agile team environment.
- Experience compiling design specifications, pitching concepts and getting stakeholder buy in.
- Strong experience with UI design for Web, Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android.
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, moderating and incorporating feedback from varied sources, and developing smoother processes
- Strong experience with front-end languages, especially HTML and CSS: You should be able to discuss the tradeoffs of various approaches such as OOCSS, BEM etc etc
- Knowledge and experience using at least one CSS framework.
- Experience using collaborative design and development tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, Git, Jira etc
- A portolitio, able to be presented before interview.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job