We’re looking for an App Review Engineer to help grow our collection of API integrations. If you think APIs will define the future of the web, read on…
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you’ll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You love APIs. You love working with APIs, and what differentiates the great ones from the rest. You want to become an expert in API standards, and aren’t afraid to dig into HTTP requests to find out how closely an API follows them.
You’re empathetic. You’ll be working directly with developers who are building on our platform as they overcome problems. You’re able to put yourself in their shoes and help point them in the right direction—whether that means sending a link to relevant documentation or explaining a more complex concept in clear terms.
You love great UX. You are a capable programmer, but you are more interested in the applied side of technology, than putting your head down and cranking out hundreds of lines of code. You love the challenge of helping developers build great integrations whilst making things easy for end users.
You love learning new things. You love working with new software that you may not be already familiar with.
You love to write. Almost everything at Zapier is done via written communication (both with customers and between teammates).
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a startup, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Be a shepherd for our platform and partners, evaluating new apps when they are submitted to become part of our global catalog of integrations.
- Interact with dozens of API providers to communicate our requirements and get their Zapier apps up to our standards.
- Work to improve existing apps, migrating to newer versions of APIs, fixing bugs, and responding to user requests.
- Help to streamline the process of bringing an app live on Zapier by improving the code of the developer platform.
- Automate as much of the above as you can.
- Constantly be learning new things about APIs and SaaS businesses, and that motivates you.
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best experience with Zapier as possible.
For the past six years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth.
If you want to work remote, that’s great. If you want to work near others, that’s cool too. Our team of 100+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don’t have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage
- Retirement plan with 4% company match
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job