Axelerant is seeking a Senior Designer & UX Strategist to design the interactions and own the digital experiences of its products and services.
We are looking for innovators; professionals with an unrelenting belief in the power of design to transform businesses, and with the passion and commitment to help Axelerant become recognized for elegant and powerful
You’ll play an influential role in our projects, creating visual designs informed by UX and strategy documents. You’ll collaborate with diverse clients, inspiring designers, top notch project managers and seasoned developers.
- Deliver best-in-class user experiences (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.), in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment
- Partner with our Product Managers to prioritize UX-focused efforts
- Fully understand and be a strong advocate for the Voice of the Customer
- Lead rapid iterative prototyping efforts with varying fidelity/presentation tools (e.g., sketches, storyboards, wireframes, clickable prototypes, compositions, and assets)
- Translate business and product requirements into visually beautiful concepts and highly-usable responsive experiences. You must be flexible and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
- Identify strategic research needs and Customer Experience improvement opportunities
- Mentor junior team members
- Develop and ensure best design practices and communicate quality expectations across the organization
- Spend time with Axelerant customers, prospects, partners, and internal stakeholders to understand user needs and evaluate designs
- Demonstrate a command of design methods, tools, communication, and presentation skills
- 5+ years experience in a UX/UI design role
- A thorough understanding of user-centered design, with excellent hands-on graphic design skills and an ability to translate user requirements into a design vision and then into an actionable plan to deliver design specifications desired
- Proficiency in software tools such as Sketch, Axure, Adobe Creative Suite or similar
- Experience with enterprise software development, cloud software, product management, user testing or experience with Drupal will also be a plus
- Experience with designing data visualization and analytics applications
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize requests, communicate with stakeholders, and meet expected milestones
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile environment and partnering effectively with Product Management and Engineering stakeholders
- Online portfolio or links to work examples required
At days end Axelerant is an enthusiastic, open, and giving software company of empowered and distributed teams who leverage and contribute to open source software to help clients with their mission. We provide high-end strategy, implementation, and support services for our partners.
Our team members span the world and we follow agile delivery processes. Further, we’re actively giving back to many open source communities and have fostered an innovative, incubator culture to give ideas a chance to succeed.
Perks of Being at Axelerant
- 52 weekends and 35 days per year of consolidated leave (inclusive of bereavement leave) plus maternity, paternity, and sabbatical allowances.
- Our BYOD assistance terms are simple. We’ll cover 50% of purchase or repair costs up to 50,000 INR.
- Annual retreats, quarterly town halls, and monthly celebrations.
- Group health insurance.
- An engaged working environment with frequent feedback and clearly set expectations.
- Extremely flexible work hours.
- Hackathons and community contributions.
- Professional development, certifications, and training.
- Referral bonuses.
- Sponsored domestic and international event attendance.
- Work from home or anywhere via location independence.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job