AXS is a live entertainment hub providing fans with the whole story, from discovering new things to do and getting tickets, to making the most of every live event and reliving those memories. AXS Content provides compelling information for music and live entertainment enthusiasts which enhances their experience and aids in the discovery of new events to attend.
Serving millions of monthly readers across the U.S. and around the world, the AXS Digital Network is a top 100 US web property according to comScore. The AXS official Facebook page has more than 550K Likes and the official Twitter account has nearly 50K followers.
Founded in 2011, AXS.com was developed by Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG), one of the leading sports and entertainment promoters in the world.
- Are you a Major League Soccer fan?
- Do you love the LA Galaxy and bleed navy blue and gold?
- Do you have a passion for sports journalism and entertainment writing?
If you answered yes to the above, then you might be a perfect fit as the AXS LA Galaxy and MLS Creator.
As the primary ticketing provider for the LA Galaxy and other MLS teams, AXS.com is seeking experienced freelance writers (known as Creators) with a passion for MLS and the LA Galaxy. This position will work directly with AXS Producers on creating and completing content for the LA Galaxy and, on occasion, other MLS teams.
The workload will consist of around 1-2 articles per week, focusing primarily on season ticket information, promotional nights and giveaway announcements, and timeless features for the LA Galaxy and MLS as a whole (ie. “5 best goaltenders in MLS history,” “5 greatest moments in LA Galaxy franchise history” etc). There is also the opportunity to write additional sports content around our other clients and even music content, if this is an area you’re interested in.
In this role, you will have the ability to claim assignments from a robust library of available content curated by AXS Producers. Given your expertise in the field, you will also be trusted to follow current events and news related to the LA Galaxy and MLS industry and create your own assignments using our publishing platform.
On occasion, AXS Producers will reach out to you directly with specific assignments for which you will be held responsible. Creators are required to complete a minimum of four articles a week to remain active, but there is no cap on the maximum number of articles you can create.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Freelance writing experience
- Extreme fandom for the LA Galaxy
- Familiarity with basic online publishing tools
- Ability to follow direction, work and communicate in a remote capacity
- Knowledge of basic AP Style and Chicago Style
- Self-discipline, ability to deal with editors asking for rewrites and changes if/when necessary
- PayPal account (used for monthly payments)
EXPECTATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Creators will be expected to create content specific to their area of focus as well as claim from the Available Assignment list generated by Producers.
- The LA Galaxy and MLS Creator is required to complete a minimum of one (1) article per week to remain active, but there is no cap on the maximum number of articles you can create.
- Although this position is remote, Creators will still be expected to maintain regular communication with AXS Producers and staff.
- Build your online portfolio
- Get your byline featured on a major media brand’s site and possibly have your content shared on our social media channels
- Freedom to work whenever and wherever
- Work with editors in the field who can provide feedback and hone your craft
- Attend events and provide firsthand experience
COMPENSATION & PAY:
- Flat rate compensation of $15 per published article (payments calculated based on monthly totals and paid out during the following month)
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job