About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: Backend Developer
Industry: B2C, Software Development, Sports Technology
Company size: 201-500 people
Company type: Private
Building the possibilities.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be part of one of our multidisciplinary teams where you’ll work closely with designers, product managers, and data analysts. You’ll be a creative contributor to our processes and decision-making so when we build new features, we can ensure scalability and availability of the entire platform. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Senior Software Engineer:
- You will be developing systems and APIs that power a rich set of applications used by a large and passionate group of users every day.
- Care about agility as much as you care about scalability. We roll out products very quickly and are looking for a team that can pivot at a moment’s notice.
- We’re constantly growing and forming new teams; you will be able to lead either as an engineer or transition into a manager role.
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have 3+ years of development experience in object oriented programming using languages such as C# or Java.
- You have a strong knowledge of OOP and REST design principles.
- 1+ years of relational database experience including schema design and SQL
- You also have experience writing and maintaining a comprehensive suite of unit and integration tests.
- Experience writing distributed systems in a Cloud Computing environment such as AWS strongly preferred.
- Ability to grow other engineers through code reviews, design reviews, and over-the-shoulder debugging.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
Be part of a team that develops systems and APIs that connect people to their passions in real time.
“I enjoy working at DraftKings because there’s never a shortage of learning opportunities. I’m fortunate to work amongst a team of talented engineers that are always willing to share their knowledge and experience.”
- 3 Month Gym Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefit
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Optional Life Insurance
- Vanguard 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Casual Work Attire
- Happy hours
- Catered food
- Unlimited snacks
- Tuition Reimbursement
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job