Upstack is growing fast – jump on board
Upstack is working on interesting and challenging engagements with awesome startups. We only select the best engineers to join the team and take pride in the company culture we maintain.
Awesome Clients No corporate BS. Help some interesting startups disrupt the world!
Team Building Enjoy team meetups in cool places around the world. Hackathons included!
Timely Payment At Upstack, you’ll always receive your money on time with no hassle.
Work hard, play hard
Not only do Upstack engineers get to work with amazing startups all over the world – they get to join a great community of like-minded individuals. We host global meetups and Hackathons annually where you can meet fellow developers like yourself.
Upstack is a friendly team of the world’s most talented freelance developers, working remotely for some of the coolest start-ups. It’s fun and challenging to join the top 1% of the world’s developers. We have a strong focus on quality clients and developers and try to work on software that we love! Upstack is officially based in New York City and we have offices in NYC and LA. We also have development hubs opening up all around the place with our first in Brasov, Romania. Our developers work from home and co-working spaces and sometimes even on the beach!
– Work with a small team of top-tier developers who are designing great user experiences and building truly great applications for web
– Participate in scrums consisting of cross functional teams, both software and hardware
– Ensure that features are being delivered efficiently and on-time
– In addition to code contribution, you will also participate in architectural review and design
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
– 5+ years work experience as a software engineer or relevant experience
– Deep understanding of what DevOps is
– 5+ years system administration experience and strong knowledge in networking
– Experienced in building infrastructure in Amazon WebServices or other IaaS/PaaS using API libraries or the command line tools
– Solid hands-on experience in deployment and administering of various platforms
– Familiar with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration technologies
– Experienced in configuration of deployment pipelines and comfortable with CI/Build/Release management – Jenkins/Bamboo/TeamCity and version control systems (Git, GitHub)
– Familiar with Configuration Management tools – Puppet/Chef/SaltStack/Ansible/ CloudFormation
– Knowledge in monitoring (e.g. New Relic/Sensu/Graphite) and log management (e.g. Splunk/ELK)
– Work experience with databases and Big Data modeling and analysis (Apache Cassandra, Hadoop, ElasticSearch)
– Fluent English, with good written and verbal communication skills
– Comfortable with rapid development cycles and tight schedules
We love when engineers send us a link to their Github and/or StackOverflow accounts, technical blog, or links to apps they’ve shippe
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job