Hands-On Editor (PT Contract)
7 Cups’ mission is to empower every human to care for one another. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2013, 7 Cups’ has significantly expanded access to emotional support and behavioral health. We are currently the largest mental health system in the world. Over 2 million people from 189 countries (in 140 different languages) use the platform each month and growing. We are living in a world with an immense love deficit. Many of us are not receiving the love we need to reach our true potential and to truly thrive. We are solving this huge problem, and trying to change the stigma around mental health.
7Cups is seeking a Managing Editor (Part Time Contract) to curate high quality content for our website, and other channels. You’ll take full ownership of creating essentially a virtual magazine as well as leveraging experts to write about us on their own platforms. You’ll report directly to our CEO and there is potential for this to grow into a full time role. This is a critical time for us as we have secured a multi million dollar contract with the state of California. We are leveling up across the board, and we want you to help put us on the map as experts in our space.
What you’ll do:
- Leverage your network of experts in the psychology field to create content or build this network.
- Proofread and check articles for accuracy.
- Suggest possible sources and improvements for pieces.
- Select posting topics.
- Maintain an active editorial calendar.
- Use SEO to draw attention to articles.
- Use PR/link building to increase domain authority and awareness.
What you bring:
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience.
- 3+ years as an Assistant Editor or comparable role/experience.
- Experience creating content for the web and a growing a social audience.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills.
- Understanding of what audiences consume and how to create it.
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment.
- Understanding of SEO and Google analytics is a huge plus.
- An understanding of PR/link building and what types of content might generate backlinks from different sources is a huge plus.
What you get:
- Remote-first culture, work where you want
- Built-in focus on professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement through meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous PTO policy promoting rest for mind/body/soul
Equal Employment Opportunities at 7Cups:
7Cups is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. 7Cups believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job