Citrusbyte is a software consultancy that believes in using simple tools to solve problems. We build custom systems for both startups and enterprises – You can see our portfolio for more information about our clients.
We have offices in Los Angeles and New York, but we work remotely with people from all around the world.
Our engineers have experience in a consultative environment, excellent communication skills and a desire to work with talented teams building innovative products. We work closely with our clients, sharing our experience and processes to help them define and create their products.
We are looking for an experienced Android Engineer that is passionate about learning new technologies and can take on any project, no matter how ambitious or complex.
Skills & Requirements:
- Smart, gets things done.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Consulting experience.
- Passionate about software development.
- Experience working in a highly distributed company.
- Open minded and able to demonstrate continuous learning.
Our ideal Android Engineer:
Is proficient in:
- Java (and very comfortable with Kotlin)
- Android SDK, specially RecyclerView
Has Advanced Knowledge of:
- Most commonly used Layouts and ConstraintLayouts for all screen sizes.
- Custom view classes (making use of Canvas, Paint and Draw).
- Dependency management with Gradle.
- Architectural patterns such as MVVM or VIPER.
- Unit Testing and, thus, is very used to Dependency Injection.
- Networking supported by Retrofit.
- Writing reusable components with a top class API Design.
- Crash reporting, including non-fatals management.
- Distribution over the Play Store (including Alpha and Beta channel for team distribution and testing).
- Material Design for visual, motion, and interaction design across platforms and devices.
Has at least some experience with:
- Functional Reactive Programming with RxJava or RxAndroid.
- Persistance, with Room and LiveData.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Architect and build Android apps.
- Work with product designers and clients to clarify requirements, prototype functionality and build products.
- Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a collaborative and distributed team.
Citrusbyte expects employees to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment isnot tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities, and all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, employee development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of employment, will be made without regard to race, nationality, national origin, citizenship status, employment status, ethnicity, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual preference, lifestyle, social class, military status, disability, physical features, or any other protected status. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. Citrusbyte is an equal opportunity employer.
No statements by Citrusbyte are intended to create an offer of employment unless made in a writing signed by an officer of the company and no offer shall become effective unless countersigned by the prospective employee.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job