About the Role:
Cladwell is hiring a Sr. Back-End Engineer to own and iterate on the API powering our app. Download it now – it’s free! – then come back. The API powers everything in your hand, from the clothes database to designing and building outfits for you each day. As a Sr. Back-End Engineer, you will play a key part in product development. As a team, we meet together to brainstorm new features and discuss technical viability. From there, the Sr. Back-End Engineer will design the API endpoint for the front-end teams to use and then implement the end-point in parallel. The Sr. Back-End Engineer will also work to maintain and manage the production servers for the Outfits API to ensure reliability for our users.
You’re excited about this opportunity because:
- You want to work to make one product the best it can be, not cut corners.
- You will be able to significantly impact the trajectory of our business
- Generating billions of outfits per week sounds fun and exciting.
- You enjoy being a part of the entire product process.
We’re excited about you because:
- You love how technology can change people’s lives for the better
- You like working with and scaling relational databases
- You care about how the clothing industry affects the lives of people, and want to be apart of a better future.
- You have strong skills and experiences with libraries like Django, Django REST Framework, Celery or equivalents in your language of choice
- You understand AWS, Heroku or similar cloud platforms
- You are self-motivated and an optimist at heart
- You have experience with analytics and reporting platforms
- You are interested in fashion or fashion tech
Why you’ll love working at Cladwell…
- We’re a group of fun, intelligent, and kind women and men. We’re pretty ambitious, but we try to make room to get to know and enjoy each other as people.
- We’re a fast-growing pre-Series A startup that is using tech to creatively change the fashion industry.
- We’re a purely technology driven business. (Stylists work with technologists, not customers.)
- We’re driven by a mission: We want to make the fashion industry good for people.
- We’re driving toward a vision: We want to manage the world’s closets.
- We try put customer empathy in the middle of everything we build.
- We pay people what they’re worth in the marketplace.
- We believe you can join a startup and still have a thriving family and friendships.
- We’re backed by seasoned investors like Science Inc. (Backed Dollar Shave Club, MeUndies, FameBit) and 500 Startups
- You’ll make a meaningful difference in both the shaping of a business, and the way millions of people interact with their clothes.
Cladwell is the world’s largest personal styling app created so you can love what you wear and wear what you love. Our goal is to manage the world’s closets – and by doing that help the fashion industry be more helpful to everyday people. Cladwell is powered by algorithms that help you get dressed each day, decide what to buy next, and when and how to clear out the clutter. We’re partnering with some world-class retailers and are the first company to bring the closet into the shopping experience. We’re excited to meet you and hope you’ll join us on our mission!
- 5+ Years designing and building non-trivial web services and APIs
- 5+ Years working with and scaling relational databases
- Experience with libraries like Django, Django REST Framework, Celery or equivalents in your language of choice
- Understanding of AWS, Heroku or similar cloud platforms
- Experience with analytics and reporting platforms
- Full-Time Employment
- Remote OK
- Experience building and deploying Python applications
- Scaling large applications on PostgreSQL
- Experience designing performant searching and scoring algorithms
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job