Ranker.com, the leading platform for ranking just about everything, seeks talented writers who religiously keep up with anime and are ready to write lists about anime for our Facebook page Anime Underground.
Here are some examples of anime content we’ve published:
- 15 Anime With Unique Takes on the Afterlife
- 24 Cliches Only Anime Fans Will Understand
- 15 Random Anime You Completely Forgot Existed
- Insane Fan Theories About The End of Evangelion
- 18 Times Yu-Gi-Oh! Was Censored To Be More Palatable For American Audiences
- 13 Things You Didn’t Know About the Hentai Industry
Here’s what you’ll need for us to trust you with tons of assignments:
- Clear, informative, and fun writing (this is a big deal! The less time we have to spend cleaning up your writing, the more assignments we’ll give you)
- A schedule (and writing pace) that allows you to turn in at least 5 and up to 10 lists a week
- Deep interest and knowledge in both current and older anime. Please don’t apply if you haven’t watched a new anime series in the last 10 years, or even 5. It’s cool that you’ve seen Cowboy Bebop and DBZ but that doesn’t quite cut it.
Here’s how to apply: make sure you’ve read this job description and understand what we’re looking for, then include in your application 2 list ideas about anime that you might write for us. PLEASE INCLUDE LINKS TO PUBLISHED ANIME CONTENT YOU HAVE WRITTEN, no screenshots or word docs. If you don’t have anime-related writing samples you likely won’t get the gig, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible if you have impressive credentials and are an absolute freak about anime.
This is a paid, remote opportunity. Candidates will be compensated for their work on a per-article basis, based on the length of assignment and level of research required. Again, if you do great work, we can give you a high volume of regular assignments and potentially consider you for a full-time writing or editing role.
If you’re interested, please submit ALL of the following:
- Published writing samples
- Your MyAnimeList username (if you have one).
- Your 2 list ideas.
Any information that helps us get an idea of your deep anime knowledge.
Ranker.com, a Quantcast Top 100 site, is the leading platform for crowdsourced rankings across pop culture, sports and just about everything else anyone cares about. We attract more than 23 million unique visitors per month and generate 280 million pageviews. Deloitte just called us out as #49 in their Tech Fast 500 list of high-growth companies. We are venture-backed, growing rapidly and building out the team that’ll make us one of the most popular businesses in the digital world.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job