We’re looking for an Account Manager to develop strong relationships with our clients and ensure their long-term success with Aptible.
This is a unique opportunity to nurture a growing ecosystem of clients and be a high-impact, early member of the Aptible Team. Reporting directly to our VP of Sales, you will be responsible for establishing Customer Success at Aptible by building the foundational processes to retain and grow our clients.
It’s true: Software is eating the world, powered by the Internet. A growing wave of developers all over the world are using web-scale technology to build and deploy healthcare, fintech, banking, payments, IoT, blockchain, machine learning, and other B2B applications.
Security and compliance are mandatory from day one for these teams of developers, but many of them struggle. When their teams are small, they can’t afford to hire full-time for security or compliance. When they scale, they find that existing security and compliance management tools suck.
At Aptible, we make people-centered security products that help developer teams build security into their architecture and their organization’s culture. Today, we have two products: Enclave and Gridiron.
Enclave is a container orchestration platform built for developers that automates security best practices and controls needed for deploying and scaling Dockerized apps in regulated industries. Gridiron is like the missing QuickBooks + TurboTax for security management. It helps developers design and run security management programs that meet and exceed requirements like HIPAA, SOC 2, and ISO 27001. Customers use it to build trust with their own customers and partners, and prepare for certifications.
The Account Manager will focus mostly on Gridiron, but will have visibility into both products and contribute broadly to the Aptible Team.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll establish relationships with CEOs, COOs, CTOs and other key client partners, making sure they feel supported as they onboard and get acquainted with Aptible.
- You’ll serve as the main point-of-contact for our clients, guiding them throughout their time with Aptible and actively finding ways to help them advance their goals.
- You’ll provide expertise on security and compliance, explaining complicated concepts in easy-to-understand terms and developing a knowledge base of articles, videos, and other collateral to educate our clients.
- You’ll amplify the voice of our clients, surfacing technical issues and soliciting feedback so our Product and Engineering Teams can continually improve Aptible.
About You: Strengths
- Client Services Skills: You’re committed to delivering service excellence in every client interaction. You have experience leading and developing work product for external clients. Experience in Professional Services is helpful, but not required.
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills: You have experience explaining complicated concepts and drafting clear communications that demonstrate attention to detail. Experience communicating with Senior Leaders is helpful, but not required.
- Project Management Skills: You have experience running several projects at once in a dynamic environment. You’re comfortable working collaboratively with internal and external clients, taking initiative to move projects forward and deliver results on time.
- Problem Solving Skills: You have experience analyzing root causes and identifying creative solutions to complex business problems we may not have encountered before.
About You: Other Attributes
- Ownership Mentality: You take ownership, responsibility, and initiative. You have a track record of consistently delivering impactful, high-quality work on time.
- People-Oriented: You’re excited to work with a small group of high-performers. You foster collaboration, build trust, and support information sharing with colleagues.
- Love for Learning: You’re looking for an environment that challenges you to gain new knowledge and grow professionally every day. You’re adaptable in the face of change.
- Appetite for Remote Work: You’re ready to work with a fully distributed team, communicating asynchronously, deliberately, and openly across time zones and cultures.
- Passion for Internet Security: You want to create a more secure Internet, and are excited to help innovative companies solve their hardest engineering and regulatory problems.
Making the Internet safe to trust with sensitive data is a good thing! It’s also pretty fun. You’ll learn a lot about Security, Compliance, DevOps, and SaaS.
You’ll feel invested in your work and make an impact. We’re highly transparent internally with business strategy, important decisions, and our failures and successes.
You’ll help build a business for the long-term and invest in a sustainable business model. We’re backed by excellent investors and have the resources we need to do a great job.
Everyone gets to live in the place that suits them best. We work remotely, and meet up at least twice a year in places like Barcelona, Mexico, and New York. Next Up: Paris?
- Commitment: Full-Time
- Location: Anywhere
- Compensation: Competitive Salary, Equity, Health Benefits, Flexible Paid Time Off
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We prioritize diversity within our team and value different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job