Do you have strong opinions on who should win the Oscars? Do you spend your evenings searching out recaps for your favorite TV shows? Do you have an encyclopedic knowledge of the Rolling Stones catalogue? If so, we want you!
Yardbarker is seeking talented Freelance Entertainment Writers to join our growing team. We have begun covering Movies, TV, Music, and Culture as we expand from our sports roots and this is a great opportunity to write for a leading site with significant distribution on third party platforms. You will be expected to take assignments from our editors and complete them on deadline. You will also have the ability to pitch your own ideas for articles that you think will do well on Yardbarker.com and across third party platforms. We work at a rapid pace and need someone who can write smartly and clearly about the assigned subject matters.
This is a paid, remote opportunity. Candidates will be compensated for their work on a per-article basis, based on the length of assignment and level of research required.
Here are the qualifications we’re looking for:
- You have written for a mainstream publication or website
- Deep interest and knowledge in specific entertainment categories
- Writing skills that enable you to write an article on a given topic in a clear, informative, and fun style
- Strong news judgment about what is interesting and significant and an innate ability to cover ongoing storylines and trends in a
- digestible way for a broad audience
- Ability to hit deadlines and communicate with our editorial team in a timely manner
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
What we need from you:
- Writing Samples relevant to the job description
- List of categories/topics you are interested in writing about
- 3 pitch ideas tied to the categories/topics you are interested in writing about
- How many assignments you’d expect to be able to write for us per week
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job