Who We Are
CollegeVine was started in a dorm room by three friends in 2013. Our founders had just gone through the college application process and realized that, for such important life decisions, there wasn’t much guidance out there helping families navigate the admissions process. So, they set out to level the playing field of undergraduate admissions.
We’re in the business of changing life trajectories and have already reached thousands of families. We hope you’ll join us.
What You’ll Do
Review Consultants (RCs) play a critical role in the service delivery of CollegeVine’s Essay Review Program. After completing CollegeVine’s training program, you will be ready to provide essay editing and revision services to our clients. CollegeVine Review Consultants have control over their schedule and workload.
Responsibilities include providing comprehensive essay revisions and suggestions, often with short turnaround times. Most client work for this admissions cycle will take place between August 2018 and February 2019.
Requirements and Qualifications
Being a Review Consultant is both challenging and rewarding. Due to the nature of our work, we require that RCs commit 10 hours per week to CollegeVine and maintain a flexible schedule. Please note that the college process naturally creates high-demand times, primarily in late October and December; correspondingly, there are also less busy times.
- 10 hours of working availability per week (commitment to editing 15-20 essays per week)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Scheduling flexibility
- Excellent copy editor with a strong intuition for content suggestions that build a cohesive narrative
- Thorough, reliable, and consistent
- Strong customer service intuition
- Ability to provide constructive criticism in a way that is supportive and encouraging
- Previous experience with editing, teaching, or related activities preferred.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job