Language Zen is a distributed team with a hardworking, passionate culture. We call care about language learning and are exited to make the experience so much better.
Help Us Build the Future of Language Learning
We are building the future of language learning and we need your help. We are looking for a developer to join our team.
You will be working across our stack: From Redis and PostgreSQL through our C# server code to our Typescript (React) front-end. You will work on making the system more adaptive to each user and expending the number of languages we are able to teach.
- Small company
- “Kaizen” philosophy.
- Some pair programming
- Communication is the responsibility of both sides: we try to be clear, kind and open
- Open discussions; disciplined execution
- We like to give back to open source projects we use
- We want our developers to grow and get better
- Love for languages
Skills & Requirements
- High skill in one (or more) of these languages: C#,JS/TS.
- Skill in Functional style programming using any language including the ones previously mentioned.
- Fluency in English.
About Language Zen:
Language Zen is web and mobile application that uses machine learning to be the most quantifiably effective way to teach a new language. We create an entirely personalized experience for every user and the more you use it, the smarter it gets.
- We’re proven to teach 2.4X faster than Rosetta Stone, 1.4X faster than Duolingo and can teach a semester of college level Spanish in 25 hours.
- We data-mine real conversation to teach what learners are most likely to hear and use in the real world.
- Users can also learn through music and explore their personal interests from shopping to sports.
- You can see our web app (any feedback you have is welcomed).
$35k – $65k
0.25% – 2.0%
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job