Who We Are
Plex has a simple yet ambitious mission: to help people easily discover, enjoy, and share all of their media across all of their devices. We’ve made great progress towards this mission with millions of happy customers, but we still have a long way to go. If you think you are a good fit for our mission, we want to hear from you!
We are a kind and respectful group of people distributed across many countries, cultures, and timezones.
We value helpfulness and collaboration between teams and individuals, and we believe that gives us a competitive advantage.
We enjoy solving tough problems. We are self-motivated, smart, and we get stuff done.
We work in a fast paced environment, responding quickly to priority changes that focus on driving the business forward.
We’re all in this together. We have immense trust and respect for our coworkers and what they’re building.
Plex is a media streaming company that gives people instant access to their media collections – home videos, photos, music, TV shows, and movies – so they can quickly find and stream them to any device.
We have a simple yet ambitious mission: to help people easily discover, enjoy, and share all of their media across all of their devices. We’ve made great progress towards this mission, and we have millions of happy customers, but we still have a long way to go!
What sets us apart:
- We support every major platform, including desktops, mobile devices, smart TVs, streaming devices, and gaming consoles, providing you the opportunity to build and contribute to the technologies you’re most interested in, as well as move across projects to learn new skills.
- We are a distributed organization, with people making great things happen in more than 15 countries and 11 time zones. While we are passionate about our work and all work hard, we provide flexibility around a schedule that works for you.
- We love what we’re building and our user community is an integral part of our development process. We actively engage with customers through forums to understand what is working, what they want more of, and how we can be better.
- We ship cool stuff!
Sound interesting? We’re looking for software engineers who are ready to push their limits and have a material impact in Plex’s growth and success.
Who You Are:
- You’re kind, helpful, smart, get stuff done, have great energy, and thrive in a startup environment.
- You’re self motivated and able to work well in a distributed office.
- You’re a software engineer with experience working in groups, but with the ability to work independently.
- You believe in asking for help and helping others when they ask, never throwing a problem over the wall.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, with an ability to be nimble and shift priorities as called for in a dynamic space.
- You have several years of experience with Java on Android,experience with C++ and the Android NDK, and have built and shipped one or more applications on Android.
- You have an understanding of developing multimedia applications.
- You have experience with development fundamentals like version control, testing and issue tracking.
- You feel confident in your communication skills, especially in English.
- You are technically flexible and open to exploring other projects, languages and technical issues.
- You are hungry to have an impact, continuously working to improve our product, process and push the team to be it’s best.
- You have graphics programming experience with OpenGL ES.
- You are familiar with FFmpeg as an API and ExoPlayer.
- You’ve worked with React Native.
- You have previous experience working on small and remote distributed teams.
- You have a passion for Plex as a company, community and product.
Plex is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. Plex is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job