Are you truly passionate about front-end development and hate to compromise on code quality because of clients and deadlines? Then read on!
We’re a product-focused organization, which means that our codebase is our baby; it can never become too perfect and we continually push our ambitions upwards.
We’re also the world’s leading User Experience (UX) community – with over 1,5 million monthly visitors – and the biggest Course Platform for designers on the planet. Our claim to fame includes Forbes Magazine and we teach UX and Design to organizations like IBM and British Parliament.
We can offer you the freedom to shape your work schedule and the intangible and priceless feeling of having made an impact on the world. Believe us when we say that it can make your heart swell and your head giddy knowing that you’ve truly improved someone’s life, let alone hundreds of thousands of lives each year.
We’d love if you could help us take our front-end code to the next level.
You will join our team as our Lead Front-End Developer and your main responsibilities will be as follows:
- Lead our front-end efforts (3 people) and make principal architectural decisions.
- Communicate with our design team, write specifications for the components of the new IDF Design System and implement them.
- Create tactful and experience-enhancing animations in collaboration with our design team.
- Maintain and optimize existing code and solutions (Vanilla JS, Vue.js, blade template engine) to perfection.
A future-proof tech stack
- We support evergreen browsers only 🌲 (ES2015+, grid layout, etc).
- We’re constantly refactoring our front-end code with the goal of reaching front-end heaven:
- Vue.js for its simplicity and flexibility that comes with a very small size.
- PostCSS to maximize the power of modern CSS.
- Webpack for perfect control over front-end assets.
- Cypress.io and Jest for automated tests.
- PWA with offline experience.
- Back-end based on PHP7 (and always the latest version of the Laravel framework).
- Mixed single-page (for the most interactive parts) and multi-page application.
- We️ ❤️CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Delivery) so we usually deploy a few releases per day:
- Zero downtime. Just a few buttons to push. No sweaty palms.
- We care about Developer Experience (DX) of our codebase and tools. DX and DevOps is our middle name: git (github), docker, HTTP2, CDN, AWS and much more.
- Is all code guilty until proven innocent? Even if not, we take testing to a new level: Unit tests, integration tests, end2end tests, TDD, etc.
- 100% remote full-time work with team trips 1-2 times a year in different places of the planet.
- Flexible schedule with minimal number of meetings.
- Team of true professionals and smooth onboarding process with a personal mentor.
- A culture of learning and excellence:
- In our code reviews, we constructively reference specific evergreen principles of programming to supercharge our learning.
- We actively use a library of evergreen literature on front-end and back-end development-related subjects.
- We believe that building timeless knowledge enables us to see through the hype and focus on what really matters.
- You have at least 5 years of experience working as a Front-End Developer.
- You love to learn through doing. You’re ready to put in some hard work to expand your skills.
- You prefer native Web APIs and functionality over alluring new frameworks – and you know how and when to use them.
- You write testable code and love to solve architectural problems.
- You speak and write acceptable English – not perfect English, just acceptable.
- You are self-motivated and self-disciplined and thus work well in a flat hierarchy with lots of freedom.
- You love to make a positive impact on the world and the lives of others.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job