Protocol Labs is committed to open-source, and SourceCred is an extension of that. SourceCred’s mission is to quantitatively value contributions made to open-source. We believe that measuring the value of open-source contributions is the first step to rewarding the contributors.
SourceCred operates by analyzing the development history of a project, and populating a graph with all of its contributions: issues, pull requests, commits, comments, and so forth. Then, we run PageRank on the graph to score every contribution based on how it was depended on by the rest of the project. You can play with a prototype here.
Your job will include:
- Improving SourceCred’s core algorithms and APIs
- Designing and implementing React-based frontends
- Pondering interesting scenarios in credit assignment, and make sure we handle them appropriately
- Finding open-source communities that want to be early adopters
- You might be a great fit for this team if:
- You have a history of contributing to, or leading, open-source projects
- You’re excited to dive into the social nuances of assigning credit
- You appreciate the beauty of thoughtfully-designed APIs
- You’re familiar with graphs and markov chains
Bonus points if:
- You’re familiar with data science
- You have experience running web services at scale
- You love functional programming and type systems
- You’re intrigued by smart contracts and cryptocurrencies
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at different levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job