Do you enjoy reading and applying new concepts to constantly improve the quality of your code?
Do you value collaborative teams, honest communication, and a teaching culture?
Would you be happy working in an environment that values high quality?
If your answers are “yes!” then this might be the perfect job for you!
What the job is all about:
We are looking for a remote contractor with a very solid PHP/WordPress background and experience working with agile teams.
This person should also be strict when applying good OOP/TDD practices and value high-quality clean code.
We expect that the developer hired for this position will be able to:
- Deliver high-quality code while meeting and exceeding client expectations.
- Maintain, refactor and add to an existing code base.
- Lead a team to tackle new projects when needed.
- Conduct code review and pairing.
- Communicate clearly and often about the project to us.
- Keep expectations clear with the client.
- When working with more junior developers support them and help them grow with clear, candid and respectful feedback.
For citizens of countries where we have offices, please apply through our portal for any full-time employee positions that may be available. This position is not open to agencies or consulting firms.
- To assess the quality of the code you deliver, please submit a link to your GitHub or a similar page where we can see your personal projects. We will be looking for clean, well-structured code written in PHP, as well as automated tests.
- This position would require a commitment to provide 40 hours a week (occasional unpaid time off with previous notice are fine).
- A high English level is a must since we value strong communication skills and conduct all our work using this language.
Stack Builders is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or pregnancy.
Stack Builders is an Agile software consultancy based in New York with offices in Quito, Ecuador. We are dedicated to going above and beyond not only by offering great services for our clients but also by pushing the software industry forward through the use of better tools and practices.
We work in a variety of languages and therefore we value developers who are flexible about working with different stack configurations, that feel confident about tackling new challenges, and that aim toward excellence.
Some of the perks are:
- Regular pairing sessions
- Challenging projects
- Exceptionally talented and passionate coworkers
You can learn more about us visiting https://www.stackbuilders.com/ or take a look at our blog posts (https://www.stackbuilders.com/news/page/1) and tutorials (https://www.stackbuilders.com/tutorials/).
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job