WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
LaterPay is looking for a full time Backend Software Engineer to join our distributed tech team. You’ll work on various backend applications, building new features, as well as maintaining and fixing existing code.
We’re looking to hire someone at mid-level level or higher. We would expect the ideal candidate to be able to:
- Translate ideas into projects with discrete tasks.
- Give guidance & unblock others on their team/area.
- Be sought out by others as a technical resource.
- Provide mentorship to other members of the engineering team.
- Seek design, architecture or specialized input when needed (and know when it’s needed).
- Make good, informed decisions around technical debt and tradeoffs.
- Communicate with non-technical team members to give technical advice.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Working within a cross functional team of Product Managers, UX designers and frontend engineers to understand the requirements and scope that drive the design of technical solutions.
- You will potentially act as tech lead on one of our teams.
- Contributing clean, functional and tested code.
- Setting up and managing appropriate tooling.
- Creating documentation of new features and maintaining to the documentation of existing ones.
- Finding and addressing performance issues throughout the application.
- Helping to identify and fix bugs and issues.
HOW WE WORK
LaterPay has around 40 people spread over 12+ countries in time zones from UTC-8 to UTC+2. We’re a distributed team, though we have offices in Munich (DE) and New York (US).
We care more about the things you do than your presence at a chair at a desk at 9am every day. That said, most of us work Monday – Friday from 9ish UTC to 6ish UTC, and ideally you’ll overlap at least 4 hours with that. We try to be as asynchronous as possible, but still feel that we need some “synchronicity” to work well.
We value trust, ownership, collaboration, transparency, respect and inclusion. We’re proud to have employees from many different nationalities, genders, ages, backgrounds, educations, and races. We believe that intentionally assembling a diverse team is not only the right thing to do, but also necessary to build a product that works for and appeals to an audience that faithfully reflects our communities and our shared planet.
- Training budget
- AllHands (biannual team event)
- Paid sick leave
- Paid time off
- Distributed, international team
- Flexible work
We will be accepting applications until January 4th, 2019.
Up to €75,000 / year
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job