The Social Element’s 24/7 technical hotline team is responsible for supporting most of the global, corporate SaaS systems we use to enable us to move fast, grow quickly and be incredibly productive.
Our portfolio includes scheduling, CRM, finance & accounting, marketing, social media tools and more. While we use the best third party tools on the market, such as Google and Salesforce, we also have an inclination to build our own apps when we know we can do it better.
We are currently looking for a lead developer who also enjoys support to join our team. Based from home, as well as development, you will also be responsible for supporting users and clients remotely by providing 24/7 technical, shift and client emergency support 7 days a week. You will have a flexible approach and work 27 hours a week predominantly UK evenings and also weekends.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Solid development knowledge with previous experience as a PHP / Laravel developer
- In depth knowledge of object-oriented PHP and Laravel 5 PHP Framework
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications using WordPress
- Hands on experience with SQL schema design, SOLID principles
- Experience building system integrations through REST API
- MySQL profiling and query optimization
- Experience managing Windows Servers including server hardening, system maintenance, monitoring system performance, creating backups
- Experience providing first line response in a very customer-centric way
- Previous experience of desktop virtualisation would be desirable
- Previous experience in a senior technical support position – Tier 2 support, backline support
- Mastered set-up, maintenance, and troubleshooting on either PCs or Macs (ideally both!)
- A strong work ethic
- The ability to produce high-quality work that provides solutions for The Social Element and the IT team itself
- A desire to own something big, from start to finish
Nice to have
- Experience with managing and maintaining VMWare or Citrix VDIs
- Experience with Vue.JS Framework
- Experience with CSS Frameworks such as Tailwind CSS
- Experience with TDD and PHPUnit
What you’ll be doing:
Everything! Well not quite, but this is a varied and challenging role. Working with the IT Manager, you will deliver top class internal development, assist with Windows and Linux server management and security, roll out new systems and manage databases.
As well as providing technical support and development to our global users, you will also work alongside the Resource Manager and be responsible for actioning urgent shift change requests and finding cover for late and missed shifts.
The role is going to suit someone with excellent communication skills and the ability to interact well with all levels throughout the business.
What you’ll get in return for your talents:
Alongside the training and support, this is a great opportunity to see your technical solutions through to implementation, develop your technical knowledge, make your mark and work in a friendly and rewarding environment. And as we’re a remote business, you’ll significantly reduce your commuting time as you’ll have the ability to work from the comfort of your own home!
How to apply:
Simply upload your CV and a covering letter (or a link to your cover letter video if you prefer).
*Make sure to include the following details in your cover letter/video, or we won’t be able to process your application:
Details of your development experience
Details of your 2nd and 3rd technical support experience
Why you are interested in working with The Social Element
Contract type: Freelance, this is a remote, work from home role
Hours per week: 27hs UK evenings and also weekends
The Social Element is a global social media management agency delivering high-quality, multi-lingual social media management, customer care, social listening, insight, and consultancy. It also offers crisis management training and simulations via its partner brand, Polpeo.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job