Are you the kind of person who loves going on adventures and sharing your love of nature with others? Do you want to do meaningful work that allows you to combine your passion for community building and the outdoors? If so, we’ve got a job for you.
We are looking for a skilled Community Manager to help grow our digital communities for the outdoor activities we cover (hiking, kayaking, diving and more…).
You will work with a fun and supportive team of people who share your passion for the outdoors. This is a full-time remote position (40 hrs/week) with a one month trial period (paid).
ABOUT THE ADVENTURE JUNKIES
We believe that when you venture beyond the comforts of your everyday existence and into the wild places of our world, you don’t come back the same person. Our mission is to make the outdoors accessible to everyone in order to inspire people to value, understand and protect the natural environment.
Our open digital resources gives people the tools they need to experience nature in powerful ways. Whether they are hiking through a forest or exploring the depths of the ocean, we’re here to help make it possible.
We’re seeking a talented Content Editor who can help us create informative and inspiring digital content.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Moderate our various Facebook Groups: respond to comments and requests, build relationships with the community and encourage engagement.
- Develop a community content plan that sparks conversations and creates connection among community members.
- Ensure group content and Live Events are aligned with The Adventure Junkies mission and branding vision.
- Host and coordinate with outdoor adventure experts to create Facebook Live Events.
- Use your knowledge of the outdoors and The Adventure Junkies online resources to respond to emails from our subscribers.
- Relevant online community management experience (at least 6 months / 1 year)
- Prior experience working remotely
- Excellent English skills
- High levels of autonomy and self-motivation
- Well-organized and able to set up and streamline processes
- Outdoors person who has a general knowledge of various adventure activities
At The Adventure Junkies, we hire based on our values system. Please read them over before you apply to see if we’re on the same page.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job