Doubledot Media is a New Zealand-based company creating online tools and training for people looking to start their own online businesses. We’re based in Christchurch, but the majority of our team work remotely from various places around the world.
We have a full-time Product Analyst position available at SaleHoo.com (Doubledot is the parent company).
SaleHoo is a carefully curated directory of more than 8,000 dropship and wholesale suppliers. Our customers use our directory as a safer and easier way to find wholesale suppliers of goods to sell on eBay, Amazon or in their own stores.
Our new Product Analyst/Analytics Expert will play a vital role in shaping our existing analytics stack, building and documenting the data pipeline, providing product insights and generally making sure we are rigorously testing our assumptions with data.
We’re looking for someone with great analysis skills, a fair amount of cleverness, the ability to get things done, and a genuine desire to understand the customer behind the data.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Working with Product and Management teams to Understand KPIs & Business Goals
- A complete audit of current reporting and analytics tools.
- Making suggestions to improve our tools and encouraging seamless sharing across tools and departments
- Developing Analytics Documentation – reference materials outlining what data is needed, all terminology and reporting schema
- Working with product and development team to scope out necessary changes to the analytics stack
- Auditing any changes to ensure data accuracy and normalization of data
- Working with product and engineering team to create ongoing reporting for product releases – including sprint specific dashboards, benchmarking and cohort analysis.
- Working to develop meaningful segmentation models, behavioural analysis of key user segments to analyze churn including elements like origin source, onboarding, plan types and feature retention
- Completing critical analysis that will drive growth and provide insights
- An excellent understanding of SQL or other query languages
- To love everything data – designing models, reporting, driving results/growth
- Excellent written and spoken English and a friendly manner.
- Meticulous attention to detail. Your spelling and grammar should be top notch.
- Good time management skills. Since this is a remote working position, you’ll need to be organized, motivated, and (dare we say) a “self-starter”.
- A background in cross-functional data analytics on distributed teams.
This is the perfect position for someone who is knowledgeable and experienced with SQL, Google Analytics, Customer.io, loves data, team-orientated and a positive person.
Neat things about working with us:
- Flexible hours (can discuss fulltime, contract, inhouse or parttime)
- Work from home, coffee shop or co-op space.
- Relaxed, ego-free, family-friendly work culture
- Need a few more reasons? Read what current and former staff have to say…
How to apply
We’re going to level with you here: We usually get a lot of applications, and a lot of them are not very inspiring.
We’re looking for people with good problem-solving skills, good communication skills, and the willingness to go the extra mile, so here’s what you need to do.
- Record a short (2 minute) cover letter video and upload it somewhere where we can see it. Tell us a little bit about yourself, and why you think you’d be great for this role. Please include a link/reference to any data models or public examples of your work. Illustrate your range as best you can including specific tools or languages, any experience working with, very large or unstructured data sets; knowledge of machine-learning and data-mining techniques; and strong problem solving, math, statistics, and quantitative reasoning skills.
- Create an email for firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Product Analyst Position)
- Give us the link to your video (YouTube, Vimeo etc.) inside the email.
- Attach your CV/resume in PDF format and send it
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job