We created CareerFoundry to help others build their careers while maintaining personal freedom and flexibility. Our 100% online, flexible, mentor-driven courses are setting the standard for globally accessible technical education. Through our online programs, expert Tutors and Mentors bring students from complete beginners to junior web developers in 6 months.
We are looking for experienced and passionate web developers all over the world to join our Tutor pool and help define the next generation of design talent by educating and empowering students across the globe.
Our global pool of over 150 Mentors and Tutors in web development, user experience design, and user interface design fields has grown to include freelancers, entrepreneurs, consultants, and tech leads who passionately guide, motivate, and empower our students to create new careers in the tech industry. We are constantly searching for more teaching enthusiasts like you to join this pool.
Tutoring is more than teaching. It is inspiring newcomers to the field to build, to problem solve, to think like a developer, and to increase their value as professionals. With their expertise from the field, Tutors work with Mentors to provide guidance and encouragement to their students each step of the way. To help guide CareerFoundry students, Tutors provide feedback on submissions, help students understand the lessons, and ask and answer questions about the materials to deepen student understanding of the core concepts.
Your Mission as Tutor:
Tutors give feedback and constructive criticism on assignments and provide students with the guidance they need to improve their work through reviews and industry insights. Once a student submits an assignment, Tutors make sure that it meets all the requirements set out by the course curriculum, marking to rubrics we provide with each task to ensure students meet a consistent standard.
When students are struggling with understanding a key area, Tutors are there to encourage them and provide supplemental tricks and tips to help them power through any roadblocks they encounter. Your job as a Tutor is not to hold a student’s hand, but to help them learn the troubleshooting and problem-solving skills they’ll need to work as a developer.
Tutors communicate with students through Slack and our in-platform messaging tool and respond to students within 24 hours of receiving an assignment submission.
What you will be doing:
During your time at CareerFoundry you will equip students with the tools to become career-ready through:
- Regularly reviewing student exercises submitted through the CareerFoundry platform
- Code reviews and checking for fundamental understanding of concepts
- Suggesting supplemental learning materials and personal insights in areas where students are struggling
- Working with a Mentor who will advise the student specifically on career-related topics and support you as a Tutor.
What’s in it for you:
- Remuneration – Tutors will sign a freelance contract and will be compensated on a monthly basis.
- Flexible and Mobile – Work from anywhere with an internet connection and with a schedule that works for you.
- Educational – Deepen your own knowledge of web development by teaching it to others and benefit from a Mentor’s advice.
- Fulfilling – Directly impact students’ personal growth and help them succeed in their goals.
- Résumé Gold – Mentoring and teaching experience is highly sought after by employers everywhere.´
CareerFoundry is an equal opportunity employer
CareerFoundry is dedicated to be a human, economically, and socially sustainable company that cares about the work experience and well-being of its employees. We are a team from all walks of life, just like our students, who come from all backgrounds all over the world.
CareerFoundry is also committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status. We actively encourage applicants who self-identify as a member of any of these groups to apply.
Tutors at CareerFoundry should have friendly, outgoing personalities, and:
- Knowledge of the following languages and concepts, with demonstrated experience applying them: basic SQL, React, Redux, Flux, Angular, static site generators
- Desirable: some experience with HTML and CSS
- In depth knowledge of industry best practices (e.g. test-driven development)
- A strong desire to help others
- Fluent in English
- Any previous teaching or mentoring experience is a definite plus
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job