Job Description Summary
DataStax delivers the always-on, Active Everywhere distributed hybrid cloud database built on Apache Cassandra™. We are seeking a talented Software Engineer in Test to join our team.
We are looking for a Software Engineer with experience in software testing interested in working in a fast paced environment alongside other engineers in a distributed team. You’ll be integral in helping define requirements, designing and executing on test strategies and improving on or designing new tools to break software.
Essential Job Functions:
· Constantly learn about technologies within our software stack.
· Maintain and create test automation and test automation frameworks.
· Collaborate and execute on test strategies including performance testing with fellow developers and engineers from different teams/expertise.
· Participate and potentially drive technology solutions to achieve repeatable and seamless product testing processes.
· Help on customer issues to reproduce their issues and make recommendations on testing.
· Help developers review their work by providing testing insight and challenging assumptions.
· BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
· 4 years of experience in software engineering, testing and/or performance engineering
· Experience with Java and Selenium
· Experience with API testing
· Experience with full life cycle software development
· Collaborate well in a globally distributed team environment
· Strong technical experience with git (GitHub preferred)
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Must be able to create and maintain documentation of work
· Desire to change the status quo and push for improvements
· Experience with Apache Solr, Spark, Cassandra and related technologies
· Experience with Tinkerpop, Titan and related graph technologies
· Experience with cloud environments (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
· Experience with Python
· Experience with Agile Scrum process
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job