Make social media marketing tools vaguely-not-rubbish-on-social again!
Sked Social helps companies from small businesses to huge global brands do a better job managing their social media, particularly Instagram.
We’ve been doing this for over 5 years now, and continue to grow as more people discover the power of our visual marketing platform.
Our team of ~25 is spread across the world, so we can hire the best talent no matter where you are or want to be.
Our marketing team is looking for a junior/mid-level all-rounder, with a focus on social media management/community management.
- You love social media and technology. You’d inject Twitter or Instagram into your veins if you could (please do not try this). You get into the depths of all the weird parts of the internet, and you’re not afraid by it (maybe a little).
- You understand the social media sphere: you know what’s trending before it trends, and you know how companies succeed and fail when using it. You’re either excited or confused about MoonPie on Twitter.
- You’ve got some marketing know-how and experience. That might be a course, but it might be professional through marketing or any related field (journalism, advertising, PR, communications…).
- You can write like a boss, and understand the idea of having an editorial voice. You know what it’s like to write with someone else’s voice as well as your own.
- You aren’t afraid to speak up and have opinions. Our company is all about ensuring the best outcomes for the team and customers, and the best ideas are not limited to seniority or role.
- You pay attention to the little things – making sure that things are done right, and not leaving the little things behind.
- You understand the balance of being data-driven and having creativity, because one doesn’t always trump the other.
- You’re relatively new to marketing – we’re aiming to hire someone who is new(ish) and wants to join a growing company and learn by doing.
- You’ll manage our social media accounts – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. You’ll know when to jump on a trending meme and when doing so will feel a bit “how do you do fellow kids”.
- You will work on establishing a consistent voice for Sked (and our mascot Quirky the Quokka) on social channels, which isn’t too inconsistent with our voice on other channels.
- You’ll build a community around the Sked brand through our existing customers as well as attracting new ones.
- You’ll also write for our blog about Instagram, the latest social media news and broadly social media strategy. You’ll do this when news breaks, when customers need to understand part of the ecosystem or just because you’ve found something you are fascinated with.
- Finally, you’ll help our team across all other areas of marketing – both just to help the team, but also because you want to learn and our successes are a shared effort. That might include reporting, SEO, paid advertising, email newsletters and more.
This team member will collaborate with our head of marketing (based in Europe but travelling), the existing marketing team (India, Mexico, Europe) and our CEO in Australia.
There aren’t fixed hours that you need to be available, but you should expect to be compatible with those timezones (Europe in particular) for at least some of your day.
How to apply
Apply online through our portal (here!). Include a cover letter with brief (essay not required but any format accepted) answers to:
- Why do you want to join the Sked team for this role? What makes you a good fit?
- What is your favourite social network, who do you think is most important to follow and why?
- What’s the biggest news in the Instagram ecosystem you’ve seen recently?
- What do you think the worst thing is about social media today?
The salary guide for this role is USD$45k.
Please upload your resume in PDF, .doc, or .docx format. File size should not exceed 5MB.
First NameLast NameE-mailPhone
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job