Igalia is looking for a project manager to join us. This person will play an important role in the company, joining our project teams and helping them to be successful by achieving both in our own goals and the goals of our customers.
Job position description
Igalia is a highly dynamic company where every employee has the chance to develop new skills over time. The main tasks for this position are:
- Elaborate project proposals. The project manager will need to understand client needs, identify suitable engineers, negotiate internally to build the right team, write high-quality statements of work and define contracts.
- Plan and schedule projects.
- Coordinate project team members: agree on the methodology and tools to use in each project, implement them and follow-up on their usage.
- Monitor and control the cost and effort devoted in on-going projects.
- Detect risks and handle them appropriately.
- Supervise and participate in all project communications as a facilitator: both internal communications between project members and external communications with customers.
- Understand technical details in order to help the project team to make the best decisions.
There are multiple professional paths which qualify for this position and there are not mandatory requirements to apply. However, we consider that having project management knowledge, a technical background in software development and being familiar with open-source and its dynamics is valuable for the kind of project management we need to do at Igalia.
Other skills which are useful in this position are:
- Social skills.
- Communication and presentation skills in both written and spoken English.
- Capacity and enthusiasm to learn complex domains.
- Capacity for synthesis and analysis.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to manage pressure and stress.
- Understanding of the IT market.
Igalia is a remote-friendly working environment, enabling employees all over the world to participate fully in the company culture. Our team includes employees based in Asia, Europe and the Americas, spanning across timezones and cultures.
One of the core principles of Igalia is equality, so we feel a deep and continual obligation to acknowledge and counter the structural discrimination that permeates our industry and our world. In a practical sense this means that we use principles of diversity and inclusion to help shape company policy and to maintain a safe and just work environment. We also feel that one of the best ways to accomplish these goals is to grow and maintain the diversity of Igalia itself. We welcome applicants regardless of their age, disability, gender, race, marital status, religion, sexual orientation or whatever type of systemic discrimination that they have faced.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job