Coins is Southeast Asia’s leading platform that allows anyone to access financial services from their phone (banking, remittances, mobile air-time (prepaid load), bill payments, game credits, online shopping, and digital currency purchases). Founded in 2014 in the Philippines and serving over 5 million customers, Coins’ mission is to increase financial inclusion across Southeast Asia’s 650 million population, which remains largely unbanked.
ABOUT THE JOB
Product team is responsible for driving key business metrics such as revenue, active users, and transactions. Our core objectives are to provide our customers with many diverse use cases (integrating with different vendors, building own integration solutions for partners), and to make user experience as smooth as possible.
We are looking for a remote Python and/or Go Software Engineer to help the team to:
– deliver new digital products requested by our customers
– address scalability, reliability and performance issues of existing products
– identify and resolve outstanding business problems from an engineering perspective
Ideal candidates will have experience or interest in working in a customer-centric environment. We are seeking self-motivated and results-oriented engineers who strive to build comprehensive solutions focused on user and business needs, without compromises on quality and security.
Across the organization we use a proposal process inspired by Go proposal(github.com/golang/proposal) and Kubernetes enhancements(github.com/kubernetes/enhancements). Significant changes to Coins infrastructure and services are first discussed, and formally documented, before they can be implemented.
We endorse everyone to write documentation(writethedocs.org/guide/writing/beginners-guide-to-docs) and share knowledge. Coins has the docs repository of engineering guidelines (style guides, development workflow, service layout, observability) including storage usage advice, e.g., how to efficiently implement finite state machine in PostgreSQL, row locks vs advisory locks, reliable data delivery in Kafka. In order to see the bigger picture, Coins architecture is described as well (developers understand how a service fits in there). Anyone is free to propose new ideas which go through a peer review.
Coins engineers aspire to keep code and tech stack boring(boringtechnology.club) to tame accidental complexity and focus on delivering value to our customers:
- AWS, Terraform
- Kubernetes, Helm, Nginx, Envoy
- Jaeger, Prometheus, VictoriaMetrics, Grafana
- Go (domain-driven design based on Go kit)
- Python (mostly Django, you may rarely encounter Tornado, aiohttp, and Flask)
There are more Coins teams (Logistics, Wallet, Infrastructure) looking for Python and Go engineers.
- To be an important part of the development of a cool mobile application Team with professionals. Our guys are the best at their work
- Career and professional growth. It means that we invest time and money in your career(IT conferences, courses, training, software – all that you need for good work)
- You can be sure that in our company a warm welcome awaits you. Our HR Team and your Team Leader can help you to be a part of Coins
- Remote work. You may work from home or the beach. No matter. The main thing is the result
- Flexible vacations
Please come work with us 🙂
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job