Are you a motivated Java content writer?
Are you passionate about improving learner outcomes?
Would you like to shape the future of computer science education?
If this sounds like you, we invite you to join Second Avenue Learning’s network of Subject Matter Experts!
As a Computer Science Subject Matter Expert with Second Avenue Learning, you will work with our team to review and evaluate a computer science curriculum designed to help non-traditional learners become computer science experts. Your subject matter expertise, writing and coding skills, motivation for learning, and passion for education will drive the success of a new program we are developing for one of our partners!
Responsibilities may include:
- Collaborating with instructional designers, artists, and software engineers to bring your work to life.
- Developing course content, including pre-work learning assets, reinforcement activities and assessment, that meets and exceeds current standards.
- Brainstorming new and innovative ideas to improve student outcomes.
- Articulating learning objectives and designing assessment strategies that will align with student success.
- Collaborating with customers to identify objectives, create innovative learning experiences, and design effective assessments.
- Reviewing and revising existing content to make sure we build curriculum that is of the highest quality.
- Working with a larger team of your peers to evaluate and review content and ensure the best implementation of the curriculum.
- Reporting areas of improvement to the Second Avenue Learning Team so that we can improve our and our partners’ products.
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in computer science or IT preferred.
- Java experience required
- Experience in classroom teaching in K-12, College, or University levels preferred
- Experience utilizing your computer science knowledge in the field
- Strong analytical-reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Strong command of the English language
- A high attention to detail
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong motivation with a desire to improve education
- Experience writing content for online programs or standardized tests a plus
If you are interested and qualified, please use this form to send us a cover letter with your availability and resume.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job